Quote Originally Posted by jburrowsml View Post
That's right Pam. I'm not seeking assistance with these lines ... rather offering to share my notes with anyone else researching them.

I'll be off to Masonic Grand Lodge in a week or so to find out if there's anything useful to assist there.

And there's a few VERY specific queries which need particular expertise / research interests ... such as WHY george Vincent, who was a clerk on the Great Eastern Railway at the time, suddenly moved to Guildford for 6 months or so in 1918 (one of his children was born there; and there's a press report of him being fined 7/6 for riding a bucycle without a rear light in Guildford, and the address which is given for him is the same as that on teh child's birth certificate; but by the time his next child is born he is back in his original East End address, where he is also to be seen in the 1921 census). I'm ASSUMING that this was something to do with additional experienced traffic routing clerks being required south of the river to support the rail resupply effort for the 1918 offensive in France ... but I don't know. If there's a railway historian with deep knowledge of the home railway operations to support the BEF in France in 1918 then I'd love to hear from them ... )

As for the rest, I've been over and over the main online searchable records and know all of the "possible connections"; I keep revisiting the nonconformist records as more of them become available in the hope that further links in the chain can be established. There are lots of burials in and around Coggeshall that I have yet to fit into the overall family structure; but piece by piece I am slowly fitting them into the jigsaw, too.
Hi Jeremy
I found something really intriguing on a website called England’s immigrants

https://www.englandsimmigrants.com/person/6805

This individual is called John Borowe also known as John de Burgh. Could this be our man or could it be a good indicator of a possible original name even if this isn’t the actual individual. Apparently they were all recorded so he is in there somewhere.
I did email you but didn’t receive a reply.

I’m janemorroweightatbigpond.com