Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: george pack

Victoria

Hi Jeff
    Thanks for informing me about the possible link to Sir Christopher Pack. It might come in useful if I ever try to trace the ancestry of Jabez; however, I am reluctant to do that unless I can be reasonably certain that I am following the right line. Unless someone with more knowledge than I turns up, I think my only hope is to find a record of Jabez's death, burial or perhaps an obituary in a church magazine or local paper in which a birth place is mentioned. I did manage to trace the husband of another aunt that way. New records are constantly appearing online, so I might be lucky one day.
    Jabez is a rather uncommon name. It's from the Old Testament, a favourite source of names for
    Methodists of the time. Oddly, in my search for Jabez in the US, I found that the name also occurs in another Pack family in New England, very early settlers, I believe.

Thanks again,
    Victoria

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Victoria, is your Jabez the son ofwilliam & Elizabeth as shown on IGI? christened 18 Nov. 1822 St.MArys' Wesleyan Huntingdon curcuit?
    6 siblings are mentioned on IGI batch no.C065761

A Tailor in 1851....
    was he the Reverend Jabez Pack of East Woodstock?, briefly mentioned in the Genealogy text of the Prince Family?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Victoria

is your Jabez the son ofwilliam & Elizabeth as shown on IGI? christened 18 Nov. 1822 St.MArys' Wesleyan Huntingdon curcuit?
    Hi Waitabit,
    Yes, that's the Jabez who I think is the same man that later appears in various New England towns as
    the Rev. Pack. What I am looking for is proof or at least a good indication that they are one and the same. I was not aware of the Prince family genealogy. I'll check that out. Thanks.
    Victoria
    Last edited by Victoria; 26-02-2010 at 9:15 AM. Reason: typo

Jeff Pack

Dear Super Moderator

How do I insert some Word Text into this box? To save me typing it all again?

Thanks, Jeff, Not a Techy

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Unaccustomed as I am to answering for Super Moderators, & also not being a 'Techie' I enlisted help from some who are.

I always 'copy/paste' bits from where-ever to there-ever, FIRST making sure there is NO copyright infringement.

As per helpers advice, you can use Italics, u/line or colour to separate your words from included text, or [ ].

You may think it wiser to Private Message someone if unsure about copyright status.
    Last edited by Procat; 26-02-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12