Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Default HART family

Carolyn,

There is a marriage record on Gloucestershire FHS Marriage Index 1800-1837 of a Martha HART to a Thomas WORKMAN by banns on 20 April 1818 at Kingswood.

Also a marriage record of a Mary HART to a Charles BISHOP on 25 September 1825 at Kingswood.

From the Gloucestershire FHS Baptismal Index 1813-1837:

12 September 1819 at Stinchcombe St Cyr Mary Ann WORKMAN daughter Thomas & Martha, Labourer
    3 June 1821 at Ashleworth St Andrew Edward WORKMAN son Thomas & Martha, Labourer

Then there is a burial on the Burial Index of a Martha WORKMAN at Ashleworth on 6 November 1822, aged 24. Do these dates work in okay with your Martha's birth do you think?

From the Baptismal Index:

5 March 1826 at Kingswood nr Wotton Mary BISHOP daughter Charles & Mary, Labourer
    10 April 1831 at Kingswood nr Wotton Thomas BISHOP son Charles & Mary, Clothworker

At the moment I can't find Charles or Mary in the 1841 census records. I can find Thomas in the 1851 census in Wales by which time he is married to a Mary but no sign of his parents. Just found a death registration of a Mary BISHOP in the December qtr 1837 at Keynsham reg district (which contains the parish of Kingswood at that time) which could be relevant.

I can't find either a burial or a marriage for a Sarah HART which looks appropriate on the Gloucestershire CDs that I have and the only burial for a David HART is one Stow on the Wold on 22 December 1841, aged 2.

HTH further

Janet

Carolyn28

Default Workhouse Dursley Hart family

I don't have an address..I have never found them in a census in Kingswood. There are extended family with addresses in Kingswood but not this family.

Regards
    Carolyn28

Carolyn28

Default Dursley workhouse

Janet..
    .Yes the dates do work out right. What do I have to do now to prove that it is right?...
    I know that Martha and Mary Hart were returned with their parents from Westbury Wiltshire England to Kingswood, Gloucestershire.

However I don't think they were born in Kingswood but in Westbury Wiltshire although I have no record of their birth.

The only legal document I have is the overseers record that returned their family to Kingwood.

Stephen their father was a Mason and worked and probably lived in Westbury Wiltshire. The girls were from his 2nd marriage to Mary Spencer, whom he married in Westbury, Wiltshire.

Stephen was also returned with an overseers record when his first wife, Sarah died and he was left with his son Stephen, my ancestor and Sarah who was Stephen's sister who was about 3 months.

I have a buriel for Bridget Hart 24 Oct 1794 .a few weeks before the overseers record.4 Nov 1794....

Mary Spencer Hart died in 1815 and Stephen Hart died in 1816. That would have left the girls without parents .
    Martha would have been about 14 and Mary 7. That is why I thought they might be living near Stephen their Step brother. If Martha would have married then Mary could have been 30 and the one in the Dursely workhouse but perhaps she was married?????

I don't know how to put it together.

Carolyn28

I

janbooth

Default HART family

Perhaps you could look at the actual parish records of Kingswood to see if you can glean any clues from them. For example, there might be witnesses to the 2 marriages I found which could either corroborate or eliminate them. There is also the marriage of John HART which could be to a Hester KING in the Dec qtr 1842 at Bristol which might give some clues. Other than that I seem to have come to a full stop.

Will ponder further.

Janet

Carolyn28

Default Dursley workhouse

Janet
    Thank you for all you have helped me with. I will check further on the marriage records of Martha and Mary.

Also. Yes John Hart who married Hester King is the older brother of my Samuel Cornelius. He was married in Dec.1842 in Bristol. That is why I am surprised that he doesn't show up in the 1841 census of Glouc.

His wife was born in Cam, Gloucestershire. He had a daugher in 1844..Ann..Pamela about 1850 in Bristol and then John abt 1855 in Oldham Lancashire then a son James in Bristol. He is in the 1851 and later census records.

Regards
    Carolyn28

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

this hart family are my wifes family would love to hear from Carolyn 28 if some one no where she is i see on here ann worked with some wrights they may be on my family tree hope you can help. thank you paul wright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12