Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Sadie

Levy Gold & Gusty
    B 1823 B 1826
    Kalisz Gubernia, Poland

Moses Aaron & Rosa Wolfsfield 2 children include:
    B 1850 B 1855 Michael 1882
    Galich, Poland Mozes Aron 1849 (from birth record Kalisz O Tailor Gubernia, Poland records

Hiemy (Harry) Gold & Lillian Annette(a) Judge M 1905 Sask (?)
    B 1880 B 1878 5 children include:
    London England Sadie Pearl (Ladia) Aug 1902(06)
    O Tailor (England) Gertrude Annette Nov 1908
    O Merchant (Can) Joseph Valentine Feb 1910
    D 1953 D Aug 29, 1959 Rose S 1912
    England Woodlawn Cemetery Edith E. 1915
    Saskatoon, Sask

Note: Ship records/Census information gathered include:
    1905 Hiemy & Lillian Emigrated to Canada from Liverpool to Sask
    1906 Sadie born (?) Sask
    1908 Gertrude born Sask
    1910 Joseph Sask
    1911 Census listed as store owner with income of 1,000 & all listed as Hebrew
    1912 Augusta born Sask (deceased?)
    1913 Oct 23 on board Empress of Ireland stated their future residence was England (4 children)
    1916 Edith born
    1919 Sept 30 on board Carmenia Lillian & 4 females returned (Sadie, Gertrude, Rose, Edith) Listed as Returning Canadians
    1921 Census Lillian (age 42), Ladia,(age15) Gertrude(age13),Rose(age 9), Edith(age 7), were listed as Church of England and resided with Peter & Marina Thrush (Listed as nieces. They were aged 66 &77)

Sadie Pearl Dorothea Gold
    B 1902 (06)
    Assiniboia, Sask
    D 2005 (?)
    Saskatoon

I have been researching for the grandson on Sadie Pearl so that has been his focus. Hopefullly the info above helps out. It has been Quite an interesting family!

Wanda in PEI

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I am the great granddaughter of Sadie. I am wondering if you would know more information about her mom Rosa. I cannot find Rosa's parents or find Wolfsfield in any records. Thanks so much. Jen.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I am the great granddaughter of Sadie. Was hoping to get some more information about Hymen's mother, Rosa. Not a lot of information on her.

Thanks

LynneOz

Hi Jenjen
    I have never found a record for the marriage of Moses Aaron Gold and Rosa Wolfsfeld. However, there is a marriage between Benjamin Gold and Clara Wolfsfeld during the June Q of 1891 in London City. Benjamin seems to be a younger brother of Moses Aaron and Ben worked as a tailor/clothier/shopkeeper in 1911 census. He and Clara had 5 chn: Bertha; Julius; William; Robert; and Gilbert.

Investigating the USA census, Robert appears to have moved to NY and married Gertrude Wolfsfield (d/o Simon Wolfsfield who was born in Germany in 1858. So it is possible that Simon was a brother of Rosa and Clara. It seems that Robert and his brother William went to NY about 1915. In 1920 they were both boarding in Manhattan. William was listed as a druggist and Robert was listed as a clerk for a corset manufacturer.

This still doesn't help with the parents of Rosa, but does build a family for her: she was born 1849, Simon was born 1852 and Clara was born 1865--so there were probably more children between 1852-1865. Both Rosa and Clara were born in Bromburg, Posen, Germany.

Would love more information about this family or the Gold family if anyone has any.

Cheers
    LynneOz

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Lynne,
    My sister stumbled upon your post on this website while doing a search of our grandfather's name, Joseph V. Gold. We live in Canada and believe that we are the family thread that your friend has been looking for.
    I see that this post was made over ten years ago, but please respond and let us know if we can connect further to discuss our family tree with your friend.
    Thank you,
    - Emma

Is the following information from the Jewish Chronicle any relevance? I usually respond to Jewish queries on the forum but realised that the posts in 2020 were during a period when I was ill.

I noted in #11 reference to Moses Aaron Gold and his wife Rosa but the following Moses was born circa 1845.

Death-ROSA GOLD
    On Thursday May 23 at 355 Old Kent Road SE Rosa dearly beloved wife of Moses Aaron Gold-Jewish Chronicle June 7 1918

Death
    MOSES AARON GOLD
    On Saturday 29 November Moses Aaron Gold age 80, father of Charles and Hyman.Shibah at 34 West Park Road Kew Gardens

Same date and Newspaper
    Dearly beloved father of Bertha Stern,Gertrude Landy and Katie Cohen

..Mourned by his son William, daughter in law Kitty,grandchildren, Gerald, Bertha and Ruth.. Shibah 55 London Road Clapton

Jewish Chronicle December 4 1925

Please confirm if these names are relevant or only share the same names.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Emma
    Unfortunately the original poster is no longer a member of Brit-Gen so we do not have any of their details in our database. This means they will not receive notification of your post which is bad luck for them.

What is your good luck is you have caught Phillip's attention with your post and he is absolutely the best at researching Jewish families and their genealogy. We are so fortunate to have him as a member of Brit-Gen who goes above and beyond when helping others to sort out their elusive ancestors.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Christina,
    Oh that is too bad about Lynne - not to worry though. If it is meant to be then her friend will hopefully find the family information that she had been looking for
    Also, thank you Phillip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12