Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    janetbaker

Hi Paul, does your Allen family have a Thomas H Allen who was a circus performer and was once a double act with my great grandfather William Smith (Stage name Atrato) Regards Janet Baker

Quote Originally Posted by janetbaker View Post
    Hi Paul, does your Allen family have a Thomas H Allen who was a circus performer and was once a double act with my great grandfather William Smith (Stage name Atrato) Regards Janet Baker
    Hi Janet

We do have a Thomas who called himself Tomos if its the same Thomas we are probably linked

circusgirl

Hi Paul
    Amongst your research have you come across an Ethel Allen performing in the late 1920's and 1930's as a comedy contortionist and trapeze artist sometimes in partnership with Tom Wana.
    Their act was called Wana & Ethel and then eventually their act began using the names Atrato & Allen and they did mostly variety theatres. I know that this is much later than Walter/John/Charles/Tomos/Fred etc but Im hoping that Ethel might be descended from one of them ?
    Its a bit of a puzzle really as I dont know anything about Tom Wana either so any info there would be interesting. But I would have thought that there must be some connection to William Smith ATRATO or Charles ALLEN for Tom and Ethel to use a stage name which harks back to an earlier time and partnership
    Thanks in advance Debra

sasha86

Default Walter Allen - Stanley and Reginald Allen

HI All

WOndering if anyone has made a connection with Walter Allen and 2 Allen children, Does anyone know if he had any illegitimate children? My GGrandfather is Stanley Walter Allen born 1892 and his brother is Reginald Davenport, mother Lavinia Bowley, family history says the family was part of the circus so we are trying to find the link - does anyone have any info.

Many thanks

We have stopped researching for this year but I will ask my cousin. My G-Granddad Walter Allen didn’t have any illegitimate children that we ever found during our searching over the years.
    He was brought up by his half brother John Roworth Allen who Walter thought was his father for years, his actual farther was a George Allen.

Walter Allen worked with many Circuses travelling all over the UK but his base address was always in Wolverhampton where he played for a few consecutive years.

His wife (my G-Grandmother) ran her own Business in the New Brighton Fairground in Birkenhead. Walter Died in 1937 in West Derby Liverpool

Sorry this information is a bit sketchy as it's out of my head as all the paper work is with my cousin

Regards Paul Allen

roy gutteridge

Paul I have recently started to research in depth the Allen/Amor family.I have a massive amount of detail but need to know about Georgina Annie Allen daughter of Nimble Nip and Grandmother of person that I am doing the research for.She divorced Edwin Amor in 1930 and married a Robert Browning in 1936.I know she lived to a ripe old age and have death details etc.However,we would like to know if she continued in the circus as the photos of her are all in circus outfits.Also we are unable to establish a death for Ronald.They were at one time living with a W G Allen who I assume was her father or brother in Lambeth area.
    Quote Originally Posted by a11an View Post
    We have stopped researching for this year but I will ask my cousin. My G-Granddad Walter Allen didn’t have any illegitimate children that we ever found during our searching over the years.
    He was brought up by his half brother John Roworth Allen who Walter thought was his father for years, his actual farther was a George Allen.

Walter Allen worked with many Circuses travelling all over the UK but his base address was always in Wolverhampton where he played for a few consecutive years.

His wife (my G-Grandmother) ran her own Business in the New Brighton Fairground in Birkenhead. Walter Died in 1937 in West Derby Liverpool

Sorry this information is a bit sketchy as it's out of my head as all the paper work is with my cousin

Regards Paul Allen

Hello Roy

I will contact you with private message through this forum as some info I pass on to you could be about a living person

I haven’t been able to locate any death record for Ronald H Browning either

I think the entry you may have is when Ronald H Browning is living with Georgina A Allen
    and her father Walter Allen at Brook Drive Lambeth in 1937, the year that Walter Allen Died while on a visit to his son in West Derby Liverpool.

After that the correct set of people are living together at another address in Stockwell South London and Ronald has registered his name differently.

This was the address I use to visit my Grandfather and Great Aunt when I was youngster.

My Great Aunt must have been still performing around the music halls and theaters, as I use to be put in the middle of the floor in their living, while she and her partner juggled clubs and balls passed me

Regards Paul Allen

Hi my great grandmother Louisa Allen Strong we think was the daughter of Frederick and Mary Jane Allen I am trying to find out more

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by a11an View Post
    Hello Jane

I have just joined the forum because your post came up in a Google search

Walter Allen is my Great Grand Father.
    He was an Equestrian and a Clown, known as Nimble Nip

My cousin has been trying to trace his father for some time now, but as they rarely stay in one place for long it’s been a hard search and she still hasn’t found him.

My Grand Father was Walter Allen and my Father was Walter Allen, they stopped with me, just plain Paul Allen

Regards Paul Allen

Hi Paul, I know I’m 10 years late to this party but hopefully you get this. I believe my great great grandfather was also Walter Allen. My father told me that Walter Allen or Nimble nip was his great grandfather. That his mother Georgina was Walters illegitimate grand daughter. My father passed away in 2018 and I’d love to get some more info on my circus family roots.

Thank you

Hello Bex Bloomfield

Walter Allen B:28 Oct 1865 Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, D:6 Aug 1937 47 Mill Road, Liverpool, Lancashire,was married to a Annie Louisa Punderson, B:16 Oct 1866 Aston Manor, Erdington, Warwickshire,
    D:Mar 1944 Birkenhead, Cheshire, England.

They had Five Children

Florence ELizabeth Allen, Georgina Annie Allen, Elsie Fanny Allen, Hilda Leah Allen, Walter George Allen.

Walter George Allen was my Grandfather

Georgina Annie Allen B:1889 D:Sep 1975 was married to Edwin Amor B:January 1881 Dec 1960

They married on Dec 1909 • Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England'

They hand three children

Ina Amor B:abt 1908 Birmingham, Worcestershire
    We have been unable to find any information on Ina Amor the last reference was when she was three listed on the 1911 census

Edna Lily Amor
    B:abt 1910 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
    D:Sep 1959 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Frances Amor
    B:Sep 1914 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    D:July 1914 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Georgina Annie Amor Divorced Edwin Amor in 1930

Then Married a Ronald Henry Browning (1914–1971)in 1936 • Lambeth, Surrey, No Children

The strange thing is, if we are the right family my Aunt Freda Bias (nee Allen) was living in New Zealand from 1955 to 2008. my uncle Alfred B C Bias was a boat builder in Auckland harbor and the family lived in Auckland.

Hope this finds you well

Kind Regards Paul Allen

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast