Default A Canadian hello

Hello all,

I've been doing genealogical research for about 6 years now - I live far away from any other members of my family and have been in a quest, typical for people of my age, to sort out who my ancestors are. My family has two main branches - my father and his family came from Fulham (London), while my mother and her family are from central Europe. I've been very lucky with my Mom's family - most of the records are intact despite the devastation of WWII. I've managed to trace my English side back to the early 1800's but there are some significant gaps in the early 1900's, primarily with my father's mother - I've hit the proverbial 'brick-wall' which I'll describe in detail in the appropriate section.

David

Jane Elderfield

Hello, David

There are a number of us Canucks who regularly use this site.
    You'll find members are very keen to help, full of useful ideas and suggestions, and sometimes have bits of local knowledge that you couldn't easily find elsewhere.

Good hunting!

--Jane E

Carmy

Hello David. Brick walls? Not when these folks get working on them. Have fun.

Merlot62

Hi ya David,

Welcome, I too am new to the site. Only been on for over and hour and a half so I am completely at a loss but I am sure all will work well once we get into the swing of it. Good luck.

Anne