Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello Carran If your mum was speaking about Jean Titchner... then I can give you LOTS of information. My grandad is George Titchner (brother of jean & son of George and Mary). It was actually my grandad who came home after being evacuated and found Jean chained in the shed, it was my grandads Nan who called the police on her daughter. My great grandmother had beat & starved her & cut a piece of her toung out, she had 'cauliflower ears' where she'd been beaten so severely. My grandad had 4 brother's (Frederick, Jack, Billy & Micheal) and 3 sister's (Mary, Ethel & Jean) all of which were beat and treated appallingly! My grandad lost contact with both Jean and Mary and are both presumed dead now. Jack & Micheal are also now dead. Would be really interesting to see who your mother is? As I notice the difference in spelling of "Titchner"

Brick wall demolition expert!

Carran hasn't made any posts for quite a while so probably the best way of trying to make contact would be to send her a private message which hopefully will be forwarded to her email.

You can private message her by clicking on her user name and then scrolling down.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Very interested in this as I am trying to find out some information myself regarding Jean Titchner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12