Thread: Pheobe

bunty1935

Default Pheobe

Firstly Christmas greetings,lucky old you ,presents wrapped and waiting for santa!!.

As someone who has been researching my family for 2 years and still find a lot of sites confusing,its an age thing,could you point me in the right direction before they cart me away.

I have been trying to find out information about my great grandmothers family for years and am no further on,stonewalled at every turning,some helpers have told me to forget it ,but a promise to my old mum makes me want to go on.

I know she was disinherited from a wealthy landowning farming family for running off to marry a slate quarry worker and my grandfather said the family sent a servant each xmas with a bird to eat.

The family were from Breconshire but a very common name,her uncle was William Williams esquire born 1814 and he married Elizabeth jones,also a farming family,they lived at 33 glangwessin,llandewi abergwessin st davids ,in the 1861 census where phoebe Williams born to Margaret Williams on 1/8/1841 birth registered at Merthyr cynog I think her mother was unmarried, was staying with her uncle.

Is there a way forward for me? I only know that a rees Williams gave his name as the occupier on her birth certificate.

I have lived in Coventry for almost 60 years so cant go jogging off to wales easily to do the rounds of cemeteries ,and most would be illegible by now,so please help as as apensioner I cant afford to have researchers paid to do it for me .

Kind regards

Bunty Harvard

Jan1954

Hello Bunty,

Did you see the reply from Jeremy (Jeeb) on your previous post?