Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maggym

Thumbs up PRINCE Family - Mildenhall/Icklingham

I'm researching the following PRINCE family and would be happy to hear from anyone who shares my ancestry:

Robert PRINCE and ?, Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1638, Mildenhall - ?) and ?, Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1663-1739, Mildenhall) and Mary MARHAM (1669 Mildenhall - ?), Mildenhall
    Robert PRINCE (1700-1769, Mildenhall) and Frances SPARHAWKE (1702-1763 Mildenhall), Mildenhall
    Thomas PRINCE (1741 Mildenhall - ?) and Sarah TURNER (1743 Mildenhall - ?), Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1766 Mildenhall - 1844 Icklingham) and Margaret FIRMAN (1768 Flempton - 1860 Icklingham), Mildenhall/Icklingham
    Frances PRINCE (1795 Icklingham - ?) and Benjamin WALLIS (1797 Kettering Northamptonshire - 1829 Lackford), Icklingham/Lackford

revdfg

Default Princes and Firmans

Maggym
    I have some of your Princes. My connection is through the Firman family. So I have the marriage of William Prince to Margaret Firman Oct 17th 1788.
    I used Family Tree Legends to record myfamily history and its "Smart Matching" facility has found several (generally American) family trees that overlap with mine.
    You can find my Firmans and Princes at my website by choosing the file Gutteridge Most Recent and looking under surnames "F" and "P" as appropriate.
    I see that you have some dates that I do not have and so I wonder whether you have your data accessible on line such as genes reunited or your own website.
    Feel free to email me directly
    Last edited by Guest; 19-10-2007 at 4:59 PM. Reason: Removed email address

hedwig

Hi,

I know your post has been here for several years, but I'm wondering if you've discovered any information about Robert Prince. I descend from the same line through to Glen Prince (my father). I stumbled across your post and was wondering if you've been able to discover anything else in this line.

Janice Prince

Laura Prince

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maggym View Post
    I'm researching the following PRINCE family and would be happy to hear from anyone who shares my ancestry:

Robert PRINCE and ?, Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1638, Mildenhall - ?) and ?, Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1663-1739, Mildenhall) and Mary MARHAM (1669 Mildenhall - ?), Mildenhall
    Robert PRINCE (1700-1769, Mildenhall) and Frances SPARHAWKE (1702-1763 Mildenhall), Mildenhall
    Thomas PRINCE (1741 Mildenhall - ?) and Sarah TURNER (1743 Mildenhall - ?), Mildenhall
    William PRINCE (1766 Mildenhall - 1844 Icklingham) and Margaret FIRMAN (1768 Flempton - 1860 Icklingham), Mildenhall/Icklingham
    Frances PRINCE (1795 Icklingham - ?) and Benjamin WALLIS (1797 Kettering Northamptonshire - 1829 Lackford), Icklingham/Lackford
    Hi maggym,

Our family shares your ancestry. We live in California, USA and are descendant from George Prince (1815 - 1906) who was born in Fordham, England (son of Richard Prince and Mary Harrold) and traveled to South Africa before settling in Utah, USA. Richard Prince (1789-1835) was Wiliiam Prince's (1766 - 1844) son.
    I've been tracking down my husband's ancestry for a bit now (he's the descendant).
    Would love to hear from you and other descendants as well :-)
    Where does everyone live? Interesting to see where our line has ended up.

maggym

Hi Laura
    My apologies for not replying sooner. It's been a while since I worked on the Prince family and I've been trying to update my database but it's taking a lot longer than I thought so bear with me please, I'll be happy to send you what I know once I can whip it into shape!
    In the meantime, my 3xG Grandmother was Frances Prince (1795-1874) who was the sister of your Richard Prince. Fanny married my 3xG Grandfather, Benjamin Wallis (1797-1829) in Icklingham, Suffolk on 10 Oct 1817. Unfortunately he died in Lackford, Suffolk when he was aged 32. They had 6 children but only 3 survived to adulthood. I'll send you all the details later. Fanny then married Joseph King (1805-1891) in Lackford, Suffolk on 5 Feb 1831. They had at least 3 children.
    My 2xG Grandfather, William Wallis (1820-1908) marrid Mary Anne Baker (1825-1904) in Icklingham, Suffolk on 10 Nov 1839. They had 7 children, all born in Lackford, Suffolk. My G Grandfather, Alfred Wallis (1848-1928) married Adelaide Hannah Jaggard (1849-1932) in Stetchworth, Cambridgeshire on 21 Aug 1868. My maternal grandfather, James Wallis (1869-1940, was their eldest son. He was born in Stetchworth, Cambridgeshire. He joined the Royal Marines and was based in Chatham, Kent. In the 1890s James Wallis moved to Sydney, Australia where he married my grandmother, Chelestina Giuliani and they lived there until ther deaths. My family still all live around the Sydney area although I am living in Melbourne, Victoria with my husband and son.
    Would love to hear from you again.
    Regards Margaret

maggym

Hi Laura
    I got so involved with the Prince family in my earlier reply I forgot to mention I also have information on the Firman and Sparhawke families that I'll be happy to share with you
    Regards
    Margaret

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Prince Family

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Prince View Post
    Hi maggym,

Our family shares your ancestry. We live in California, USA and are descendant from George Prince (1815 - 1906) who was born in Fordham, England (son of Richard Prince and Mary Harrold) and traveled to South Africa before settling in Utah, USA. Richard Prince (1789-1835) was Wiliiam Prince's (1766 - 1844) son.
    I've been tracking down my husband's ancestry for a bit now (he's the descendant).
    Would love to hear from you and other descendants as well :-)
    Where does everyone live? Interesting to see where our line has ended up.
    Hi,
    I am researching my family tree also, I am from the George Harvey & Sarah Prince family of Icklingham, uk,
    I am trying to find information on George Prince, If anyone could be of help i would truly appreciate it, Thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ann6661 View Post
    Hi,
    I am researching my family tree also, I am from the George Harvey & Sarah Prince family of Icklingham, uk,
    I am trying to find information on George Prince, If anyone could be of help i would truly appreciate it, Thank you
    Hello ann6661,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

As you may have noticed, the previous post in this thread is four years old, but hopefully Margaret will receive notification of your post.

Can you confirm that George's full name is George Harvey PRINCE? As Harvey is also a surname it could get confusing.

What do you know of the family so far? e.g. when and where born/married/died, children, have you found them on any census. etc

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hello ann6661,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

As you may have noticed, the previous post in this thread is four years old, but hopefully Margaret will receive notification of your post.

Can you confirm that George's full name is George Harvey PRINCE? As Harvey is also a surname it could get confusing.

What do you know of the family so far? e.g. when and where born/married/died, children, have you found them on any census. etc

Pam
    Hi Pam,
    Sarah Prince born 1792-1844 married George Harvey born 1793-1878
    Their son William Harvey born 1833 married charlotte forder born 1834
    Their son George Harvey born 1870 married Evangaline Grimble born 1872 (my gt grandparents)
    That is all i have at the moment. I have been told i look a lot like an ancestor called george Prince and wondered where he came into the family.
    Sarah Prince was from Icklingham, suffolk,uk
    George harvey was from Mutford,suffolk,uk
    William harvey was from Norton subcourse,norfolk,uk
    Ann

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ann6661 View Post
    Hi Pam,
    Sarah Prince born 1792-1844 married George Harvey born 1793-1878
    Their son William Harvey born 1833 married charlotte forder born 1834
    Their son George Harvey born 1870 married Evangaline Grimble born 1872 (my gt grandparents)
    That is all i have at the moment. I have been told i look a lot like an ancestor called george Prince and wondered where he came into the family.
    Sarah Prince was from Icklingham, suffolk,uk
    George harvey was from Mutford,suffolk,uk
    William harvey was from Norton subcourse,norfolk,uk
    Ann
    So do I presume that the George Prince you are supposed to take after is the one you referred to in your first post?
    I am trying to find information on George Prince, If anyone could be of help i would truly appreciate it,
    If so, that then begs the question - who has told you this? Did they know George Prince, or have they just seen a photo of him, or a family portrait?
    If you've traced your family back and your link to the Prince family is through Sarah, then either George is not a direct ancestor, or else he pre-dates Sarah. Do you know the names of Sarah's parents?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast