Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ShirleySS

Thumbs up Grimsby Ships

Hi All

Thank you so much. The list of vessels is really useful from your link. Just what I was hoping to find.

I will have to get to Grimsby and have a chat with someone in the museum I think.

Yes Maggiemac, I new about the Fried Fish Shop. I will have to find out for sure which came first the shop or the fishing boats. My Dad isn't too well just now and gets confused

Shirley

enacozens

Smile i am george rushtons granddaughter,my name is

enacozens AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirleySS View Post
    Hi Maggiemac
    I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I have a George RUSHTON b.1865. He married Kate Hallam who is on the census for 1901 as Wife. George must have been at sea. My father tells me that George (my G Grandfather) had a fishing fleet of five, all named after his daughters. I want to find confirmation of these boats called ADA, CLARE, ALICE, ESTHER AND ETHEL and don't know where to start.
    Shirley
    Last edited by Jan1954; 01-04-2010 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Email address edited to deter the spammers

martin.blanch

My Grandmother Was Esther Louise Rushton and her father Was George Rushton, the house in humberston was called Rushlam and i do not remember him owning any vessels my grandmother did mention once that he had the opportunity to go into partnership with a company called Robinson but turned it down, the chip shop was in Tiverton Street Cleethorpes and was bought after he left the sea . and from there they moved to Humberston to the house that was built to his design.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default George Rushton

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleySS View Post
    Hi Maggiemac
    I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I have a George RUSHTON b.1865. He married Kate Hallam who is on the census for 1901 as Wife. George must have been at sea. My father tells me that George (my G Grandfather) had a fishing fleet of five, all named after his daughters. I want to find confirmation of these boats called ADA, CLARE, ALICE, ESTHER AND ETHEL and don't know where to start.
    Shirley
    Hya, I am the g grandson of George Rushton. He was baptised as follows: Name: George Rushton Gender: Male Baptism Date: 28 Oct 1864 Baptism Place: Horncastle, Lincoln, England Father: Aaron Rushton Mother: Emma FHL Film Number: 1542140 Reference ID: v 1/11 p 99/

I live just 5 minutes away from where he lived in Humberston and 10 mins from his place of burial, Humberston St Peters Church. (also where my son was married) I have heard about the 5 boats but also have had no luck finding info. I will go to the Fishing Heritage Centre to try my luck there. I have been to Horncastle on a number of occasions researching and finding out what I can about where they lived and were brought up.
    I would be happy to share any information and collaborate in any research with you. I have a tree on Ancestry which I would be happy to share.

Have just come across this. Absent Voters List, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
    RUSHTON, George 28 Duke Street 481 M.S.A. Skipper, R.N.R.T., H.M.S. Pekin

Best regards.

Hallo wornoutengine, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy

This is obviously an old thread, but hopefully those who are still members will be alerted to your posting by e-mail.

BTW, the link given by Kerrywood in #9 no longer works, but if you Google NELincs and Register of Lost Ships you automatically get a PDF download when you click on the link.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Shirley,
    George Rushton is also my GGrandfather and I have quite a lot of info about him. He was a skipper but never owned any trawlers. My understanding form my Aunt Ena, his granddaughter is that he named his daughters after the names of trawlers.
    Alice Rushton (Clayton) was my grandmother. (Photo)
    Who are you related to? I live in Cleethorpes and look forward to hearing from you. saxbyrATmsnDOTcom
    Last edited by christanel; 18-05-2015 at 11:31 PM. Reason: email adress disguised to deter spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12