Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmusseneric View Post
    Hi Pam and Procat,

Yes, Procat, I have that Charles certificate - not the one

Thanks Pam, you saved me £7.

Emigration is the only answer - is there any site in the UK where I can check emigration?

eric
    I was thinking more in terms of what records you could check in Oz, Eric.
    I know for instance that your BMD records have much more information than UK ones.
    Also Procat found Emma's immigration from Queensland records.
    Pam

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by rasmusseneric
    Emigration is the only answer - is there any site in the UK where I can check emigration?
    If the entry found by Doug is correct........

Quote Originally Posted by procat
    The Queensland State records office has this entry for assisted immigration: Woods Emma E, Age 22, Ship Storm King, Date 3 May 1873
    Then this is prior to the start of Board of Trade (BT) passenger lists being kept - However - if passage was assisted, then assistance may well have been granted as a result of the Poor Law Amendment Act, the records of which are in document class MH12 at TNA, Kew the records can be enormously helpful - However - these records are not online and I fear that the cost of a day-return from oz may be raher prohibitive.

rasmusseneric

Hi

Yes, rather expensive even though our $ is rising against the £! I will try Queensland as one final effort

Thanks all for trying.

Eric

rasmusseneric

Just a final note:
    I checked the immigartion entry for Emma E Woods, the daughter, as suggested by Procat.

As a guess I then checked for her husband - George Harris. He too arrived on the "Storm King". They married 23 days later in Brisbane.

Eric

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hi Eric,
    If you haven't yet ordered that 1911 death certificate for Caroline, don't bother. I'm pretty certain that it will turn out to be the wrong one.
    Pam
    Well caught Pam.

The shipping list that Eric is going to order will be the listing of all the passengers on the ship not a specific person. May be interesting to see who else is on board.

rasmusseneric

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Well caught Pam.

The shipping list that Eric is going to order will be the listing of all the passengers on the ship not a specific person. May be interesting to see who else is on board.
    Hi Pam and Procat,

I checked the Shipping Index (1848 - 1912) for Charles and Caroline - there does not appear to be anyone with those names who fitted their ages - they are still lost!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456