Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vixter

Default church in Tildenham or Tidenham

One of my ancestors was Sir John ap Adam of Beverston and Tidenham. He was called to parliament as Baron of the Realm from 1296 to 1307. I understnad that there is a church in Tidenham that has a stained glass window with his name and coat of arms. It is suppose to be in a Tidenham Church near Chepstow. The church was orginally in Wales, but now is on English soil. Has anyone knowledge of this church and it's location? Vixter

Jan1954

Hello Vixter,

Tidenham is now in Gloucestershire. If you visit these pages from GENUKI, you will be able to find out about the church as well as there being some photographs.

Geoffers

Tidenham turns up using any of the online maps - try streetmap.co.uk, multimap, etc, etc.

Genuki is a good place to begin with research. This is the home page for Gloucestershire. There are a couple of linked photos here.

Use Geograph.org.uk to find a couple of photos of Tidenham St.Mary.

Starting to feel at home

Hello Vixter

If you google "Church Montages of Gloucestershire" you will find a Rootsweb site with photos of the Tidenham windows-but note there are 2 churches at Tidenham-the one you want is St Mary & St Peter.

Have you seen the Badham.org site which mentions the church & has a picture of the coat of arms?

Regards
    Auburn

bilgey

I am interested in your descent from Sir John ap Adam. Can you supply your family tree and the research methods you employed to trace your descent? Thankyou.

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bilgey
    I am interested in your descent from Sir John ap Adam. Can you supply your family tree and the research methods you employed to trace your descent? Thankyou.
    Vixter hasn't logged onto the forums since December, so may not pick up your request. You might try clicking on his/her user name and sending him/her an e-mail?

Vixter

Hi, I got my ancestry from one of my ancestors Elias Adams. Another descendent wrote a book on Elias Adams. I also did research on The Church of Jesus Christ Family Search site. I used to belong to Genes Reunited. I did some research on Peerage online. Also the information has been told through generations. That is why I did research. I will get my family history for you, but how would you like it? Are you a descendent? Vixter

bilgey

Yes, my wife is a descendant of the ap Adam family. In fact, almost all the KEAR folk in the Forest of Dean are descended through Robert Keere, a brother of Lord John ap Adam. Doctor David Kear and myself have researched the ancestry of Lord John ap Adam and I can send it to you in an abbreviated form as Doctor David's research is placed in Gloucester Archives. My email is covo18 AT hotmail DOT com
    I can send you the research as an email attachment. Bill Covington
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 14-03-2010 at 1:46 PM. Reason: email address adjusted to deter spammers

WendyMcD

Default Ap Adam

I too have discovered that I am a descendent of the Ap Adam(s). I have become completely addicted to genealogical research. I simply love the dig. I too would love to find pictures of the window in the Tildenham church. Please contact me with information regarding the Ap Adam or de Gournay families.

Thank you.

Vixter

Wendy, if you follow the previous posts on this thread you will be able to get the pictures. I would love to email you privately since we have some of the same family history. I will send you a private message. Vixter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast