Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    R.Royal

I reviewed his info., and it says that he was apprenticed to learn Blacksmithing at about the age of 14 or so..

rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pamercer/PA/Biographies/samuel_royal.htm

Thats him. So, I don't know what his Father may have actually known how to do, other than being a relief officer ... But would that have been enough to support a family ?

Charlese

Hi R Royal

If you are decended from Samuel Royal son of John Royal from Weymouth, England, we are related as I am decended from his elder sister Margaret who married Thomas Samuel Wallis. My grandmother Lilian Wallis was his grandaughter. Thomas Samual lost his money fighting a court case in 1886. I have found quite a few of our Wallis relations but not many Royals as yet.

R.Royal

Oh My Stars ! How fabulous ! I had long given up hope and thought perhaps I would never hear from anyone who might be from that lineage !
    I am sorry Thomas lost all his money. Did he end up having to go to Australia or did he remain in England ( if you know ) ?

My name is Rebekah, by the way. This is So Neat ! I am Super Happy right now !

Charlese

Hi Rebekah

Thomas Samuel Wallis stayed in Weymouth. There was a public subscription for him led by the Mayor. He died in 1911. My decent is Thomas and Margaret Royal to Christpher Wallis (1856-1948)their recond son, Lillian Wallis (Hudson) (1894-1991 his daughter, Helen Hudson (Elliott) (1924-) her daughter, Me Charles Elliott her son (1953-). Then there is my son James (2001-). My cousin Elizabeth Hudson (Orliff) has two grandchildren so the decent goes into another generation. We have a mutual ancestor in John Royal. As he came from "Halifax US" perhaps you might be in a better position to find out more about him. I will try with his wife Leticia Harris who may be English.

I can trace my Wallis ancestery back to C17. An ancestor Thomas Wallis was Mayor of Weymouth in 1633 and 1641.

How are you decended from Samuel Royal

Charles

Charlese

Hi Sandy

Thank you for providing R Royal with info on the Royals in Weymouth. I am decended from Margaret Royal Samuel Royal's elder sister. She married a Thomas Samuel Wallis 1831-1911 a well known Weymouth man who lost a famous courtcase in 1886 over common land. His family is traceable to C17 where a ancestor Thomas Wallis was Mayor of Weymouth in 1633 and 1641

Regards

Charles

R.Royal

Hi,
    So far as I am told, Margarets father was born in Bermuda , or some other caribbean island. I can't find any real proof of that, however. I don't know any more info than that.

Samuel came to America, and had a family with his 1st wife. She passed away and he remarried. With his second wife he had more children, including my G.G.Grandfather, Walter, who then was the father of Warren, whow as the father of John ( my Grandfather ) and then my Dad, ( John Jr. ) and then me, Rebekah. The family has lived mostly in the Midwest, and some int he south as time has gone on.

Sooo..

Samuel
    Walter
    Warren
    John
    John
    Rebekah
    and now, my kids. Tah Dah !

My grandfather had a sister and two brothers, and they all had familes. There are Royals in Texas, by the actual name of Royal. And one of them had a son, so hopefully he passes the name on..maybe.

R.Royal

Oh, here are all of Samuels kids names, with his wives :

1st, Samuel married Mary Ann Baker in Ohio , in 1841. They had the following children. I am sad to say I know next to nothing about this 1st family :
    J.F.
    Samuel H.
    Lettuce/Lettice
    Mary
    Margaret

Then Mary Ann passed away , from what i don't know.

He remarried, to another mary Ann....

Samuel married Mary Ann Kashner in 1872... and their children were the following :

1.William H.
    2.Warren
    3.Anna M.

Then Warren married Kate , and they had

1.Howard
    2.Theodore/ Walter/ Penny ( my GG father )
    3.Floyd

Then Walter/Theodore/ penny married Margaret E., and they had:

Harold
    John
    JoAnn
    Donald...

Only JoAnn and Harold are living, and Harold is called Hud, and he has terminal cancer.

John died of dementia and other related illlnesses 3 years ago. I don't remember when Donald passed away.

John married Bertha ( who is still living ) and they had my Dad, John jr. , and my Uncle Jeffrey.

I have a sister and a brother. My brother changed his name from Royal to his Step fathers name last year.

I am so pelased to know there are more of us ! I have often felt as if we must have just dropped off the face of the earth somehow.

Re where Samuel might have learned his trade - possibles?

Post Office Directory of Dorsetshire 1855
    Smiths, Blacksmiths and Farriers

Abbot G, Melcombe Regis, Weymouth
    Crocker T, Little George St, Melcombe Regis, Weymouth
    Trantum W, Maiden St, Melcombe Regis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12