Inez Reed

Default Lauchlan and Elizabeth McKay, Shelburne, NS

Hi Cousins - Lauchlan apparently had three wives, Elizabeth Urquhart, Hannah West and Rebecca Cole. Any of you researching the Shelburne, NS McKay families have any information on the "other" wives?

Best wishes,

Inez

Wirral

What does "NS" stand for?

Inez Reed

Default Correction and expansion

Sorry, NS is Nova Scotia. The subject line should also read Lauchlan McPherson and Elizabeth Urquhart.

Regards,

Inez

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by Inez Reed View Post
    Sorry, NS is Nova Scotia. The subject line should also read Lauchlan McPherson and Elizabeth Urquhart.
    So you have started a thread in the Caithness, Scotland forum about a couple born & married at an unknown date & unknown place who lived in Shelburne, Nova Scotia, Canada? And their names are Lauchlan McPHERSON & Elizabeth URQUHART, not Lauchlan & Elizabeth McKAY? I know we are good at solving riddles, but we are not that good!

The chances of you finding (on any forum) someone else who is already reseaching your own family are exceedingly remote. The chances of finding someone on the BG forums who is willing to help are high - but only if you give us accurate & sufficient information in the first place.

In this case I think you may need to start all over again with a new thread in an appropriate forum with the correct title line, giving details about what you already know about this family & making it clear exactly what information you are looking for. You may need to ask the moderators to put a stop on this thread so that others don't duplicate what has already been found.

Inez Reed

Default Sorry

Trying to renew the thread under the McKays of Thurso. Please omit all together.

I. Reed

Procat

I think I will lock this thread.