Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert!

On October 10, I had posted this baptism of an Albert Lovidge on another of your threads. It's the last post on that thread. The dates seem to fit:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...t=45745&page=2

Parish church, Christchurch, Deptford

Born 4 Jan 1902, Bapt 26 Jan 1902, Albert, son of Thomas & Elizabeth LOVIDGE, 34 Hale St, hawker

Adele

richardstree

Well that is a real possibility, Albert had two sons, the eldest one was Albert George, the other was John Frederick. So your point that he may have been an Albert John himself holds a lot of water

Ethels father was Alfred George.

So perhaps each son took a name from their own father and one from their grandfather.

How do I go about searching the electoral roll for Hales Street?

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi I can go to Lewisham Archives next week and have a look.
    Julie

And further to the baptism of Albert that I've noted in post #31, this may be Albert's sister Polly:

Baptism St Paul Deptford

Born 4 May, Baptized 21 May 1899, Margaret May, parents Thomas & Elizabeth Loveridge, 54 Hale Street, costermonger.

Adele

richardstree

That would be so extremely kind of you, Blue Eyes!

Is there any other information that i could give you?

This thread does seem to have turned into another search for Albert Loveridge and his parents rather than a search for Meybourn. I dont mind at all, if it finds something concrete, but I think i have posted it in the wrong place.

If I knew how to do a link to my other Albert Loveridge threads I would make one long thread from all the bits and pieces.

Procat

I can move this entire thread if you wish - just tell me where you want it to go to.

It is not possible to make one long thread out of all your threads. They would merge the posts in date order and the whole thing would end up being nonsense.

To link to other threads all you need to do is open the other thread then right click on the information in the address bar then select copy. In your original thread (this one in this instance) start a reply post then just right click and select paste - of course it helps if you include some words to indicate what is going on.

See post 31 from AdeleE in this thread for an example.

And in reference to the baptisms of Albert Lovidge on 4 Jan 1902 in post #31 and Margaret May in post #34, this may be another sibling:

Baptism - Christ Church Deptford

Born 25 Feb 1897, Baptized 21 Mar 1897, Henry, parents Thomas & Elizabeth Loveridge, 52 Hale Street, Hawker

Adele

richardstree

Thanks Adele,

Although my MIL brought up the name Polly and Jumbo as names she had heard, she said it could be a brother but really couldnt remember any more than the names.

Almost certainly if I asked her about Polly or Jumbo again they may be described as cousins or friends. There is no concrete evidence to say for certain they are in anyway connected.

I wonder if they are red herrings and really with so little information on a family is there any hope of finding out who the parents of Albert Loveridge DOB approx 1900 really are?

If only Alberts remaining daughter could remember her grandmothers name.

I tried to research Thomas Loveridge who married an Elizabeth Mary and came up with a maiden name of Seagust. This name didnt mean anything to my MIL.

Well, the baptism I found for an Albert Lovidge in 1902, with a father Thomas, a hawker of Hale Street, does seem to fit the details on Albert's marriage certificate.

Adele

Knowledgeable and helpful

I'll have a look through the electoral rolls. As this on my way home from work I wont be able to do to much on the same day. If I need to go back I will.
    Julie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast