Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    richardstree

When a relative is extremely hard to pin down, how much information is enough to persuade you to add someone to your tree?

I think i may be a point with the parents of Albert, fathers name definitely Thomas, were I will have to take a stand and say they cant be traced, or possibly add someone that ticks enough boxes.

If Albert did have a second name (John) he could well be the person on the 1911 census.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I feel that the 1902 baptism of Albert Lovidge is the most likely piece of data so far. This birth does not appear in the GRO indexes, but then neither do the births of Margaret May Loveridge nor Henry Loveridge. So did this family baptize their children, but not register their births?

I'd suggest finding this family on the 1901 census, minus Albert of course, in order to determine the ages/birthplaces of the parents Thomas & ELizabeth, then seeing if you can find them on the 1911 census.

Adele

richardstree

I have had a look at the baptism for Albert LOVIDGE.

A thought crossed my mind. When Albert needed a date of birth for his pension, wouldnt the courts have looked into baptism records if there was no other documentary evidence?

But it does look promising!

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by richardstree View Post
    When Albert needed a date of birth for his pension, wouldnt the courts have looked into baptism records if there was no other documentary evidence?
    I doubt the courts would have done any looking for anything. The onus would have probably been on the person wanting the certificate to provide the evidence. If Albert couldn't produce anything, then that could be why he was given the date of 1st Jan 1900 on his new certificate.

I've just thought, if he was actually given a new birth certificate by the Register Office (whether the local RO or the GRO), then that should be on the indexes somewhere. Have you tried looking for that registration? It could be an extremely late registration if he applied when he wanted a pension!

richardstree

This seems like a bit of a roundabout I looked up Thomas and Elizabeth on the 1911 census.

This came up

LOVERIDGE, Tom head Married M 46 1865 Hawker Barns Comenon
    LOVERIDGE, Elizabeth Wife Married 35 years F 50 1861 Hawker Croyden
    LOVERIDGE, Henry Son Single M 14 1897 School Deptford
    LOVERIDGE, Robert Son Single M 10 1901 School Deptford

50 Hale Street, Deptford.

I will have to check back through this thread and see if this is a family/house number I have mentioned before.

richardstree

I had the same idea myself quite a while ago and did check to see if I could come up with a birth cert entry, perhaps written at the bottom of a page.

No luck with that either.

I think if I have a list of three possible families, three lists of the names in each family and then perhaps see if that would jog the memory of Alberts last remaining daughter.

One daughter never married and never had children, the other did marry but didnt have any children.

I have no idea if Alberts other son had any children.

esdel

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    Maybe a Londoner can tell us how Marylebone is pronounced?
    Dead right Wirral

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

A Londoner would say Marlebon, (the 'y' is silent and the 'e' at the end is ignored), which ain't that far from 'Meybourne'.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

MythicalMarian

With Michael's post that now makes three of us who have offered different pronunciations from different districts of London

As I still sit next to our London cousins at Stamford Bridge on the odd Saturday, I can vouch for 'Marrybone' and Michael's 'Marlebone' during the present day, depending on where in London the guys come from - which in the case of the majority of the Matthew Harding stand diehards is West or South London.

I think we have to give a high probability to Meybourn being Marylebone.

Mutley

Mutley - Marry-la-bone
    Blue Eyes - Marleybon(e)
    Marian - Merrybone or Marrybone
    keith's wife - Marleybon
    keith - Marra bourne
    esdel - dead right (?, ee ain't on same planet anyways )
    michaelpipe - Marlebon

See, it depends where you were dragged up?
    Yer wanna be in on me family rows abaht Clerkenwell or Clarkenwell, or worse -
    Suffuck or Soufoulk or Sufolk or Suthuck or Southwark, both just dahn the road and we can't agree even when born, lived and died there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345