Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    angela 75

It is weird that they list Marie Reine Gautier-Lancien as a Widow.
    I have not been able to find any info on Marc Lancien. The family has stated that there were problems with his job in the Quarry.
    Can't find any proof. Another story is that there was a article written in the paper don't know what paper or when.So stories on Marc Lancien makes him a mystery about his life. Hear he was deported. If the case there should be paperwork then again i don't know where to look.I don't know who was there the day before Stewart went to check on the info.Hopefully one of my relatives finally decided to look at the info.
    I will continue to try and solve the Mystery of my Great Grand Father maybe one day i will know waht happen to him.
    Thanks again Stewart for your help.

The search continues.
    I have enjoyed learning about my French Relatives and about Jersey in the Channel Islands.

Angela Walden-Conahey

angela 75

Hi I am back after a few years away.
    Still would like any info on My Great Grandparents.
    Especially Marc Lancien who seems to have just disappeared.
    The family remembers him being around til the 1920's.
    After the 20's nothing.
    Family lore is that he got deported back to France.
    The 1911 census has him alive.
    They lived at 7 Conway St.in St.Helene in Jersey.
    Then moved to 12 Conway St.St.Helene Jersey where Marie died in 1968.
    I have lost contact with my cousin that lived in Jersey.
    So if someone would be able to check and see if there is any new info that might have been released.
    Do not know how often they release new info.
    Especially the WW2 info on people coming and going during that time.
    Would like to know about Great Grandmother Marie's time when the German's occupied Jersey.
    Found out there is another sister who came to Jersey her name is Marie Victorine Gautier.
    Would like to find info on her as well.
    Thank you
    Angela Walden-Conahey

angela 75

Thumbs up

I would like to know if they have released any new info since I was last on this site which was in 2005-2014.Would like to know info on Marc Lancien.Still can't find info pass 1911 census.Know he was in the family lives til his daughter My grandmother Germaine married which was around 1924.Thanks so much.

Hi angela

This is the thread you started today on some members of this same family https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...lancien-family

I have locked it so we can keep the information found in this thread so we don't repeat the searches already done.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi All
    See the other thread which I have unlocked and is now awaiting info on the Gautier son-in-law Pierre Merrien.
    and his children.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...errien-Gautier

Sorry for the confusion

Christina
    William Burroughs

Stewart Hill

Hi

Since you last looked, Jersey Heritage have put a lot of new information on the web-site at https://catalogue.jerseyheritage.org/ If you do a search on Lancien there are several entries on this name including Registration Cards from WWII. These can be downloaded and printed out via subscription.

If there is no card for an individual it does not mean they weren't resident at the time. If they died during the occupation, the card was removed and destroyed. Even then, there could be cards missing.

Some of the items you have to request for a copy e.g. "Sentences and Prosecutions by the Field Command and Troop Courts 1942, cases 1 - 74"

Stewart

I started on this journey in 2005 when i first came on this site as angela75.i had to join under my new name because i lost my password for Angela75 in 2018.
    I really appreciate all the help and direction on finding my Great Grand Parents Marie Renne Gautier-Lancien and Marc Lancien.
    I am still having trouble finding any info on my Great Grand Father Marc Lancien. After the 1911 census i can't find him.
    My Cousin in France found his death notice for 5-9-1937 in Brittany France.
    My Grandmother Germaine Lancien-Caldwell last saw her father around 1922 at her wedding.
    When i check the Jersey Heritage site I can find all kinds of documents for my Great Grandmother Marie Renne Gautier-Lancien.
    Since they both were from Brittany France he should have papers like she does.I don't know why on Alien Card in 1920 it states her as a widow when he actually died in 1937. Interesting. Wouldn't Marc Lancien have a Alien Card. Also told by Family he worked for a Quary and there was some kind of accident he might have been involved in. Would they seal his record because of the accident.Don't know when the accident happen or if it happen at all.It seems to be a mystery..I know that Marie and Marc were married in Guernsey in Channel Islands did they have to Register since they were Alien from France. I know that my Grandmother remembers being in France during WW1 and Since her Father was in the French Reserve during that time. They came to Jersey after WW2. Any help you can give me I would appreciate. My Aunt Pearl who was interested and helped me with my family history passed away in 2013. Any Help you can give me or direct me into the right place.Like I said don't know why when I put Marc Lancien in Jersey Heritage nothing comes up for him. When there should be info on him. Thanks Angela From Sunny Tampa Florida.

There is a record in the UK WW1 Service Medal and Award Rolls 1914-1920 for a Marc Lancien of the 6th Dorset regiment. A private, regiment number 28014. Discharged 15 January 1919. He was awarded the British and Victory medals
    Are you sure your Marc Lancien was in the French reserve and not the British Army?
    Unfortunately 60% plus of WW1 service records were destroyed by bombing/fire in WW11 and this seems to be the case for this man's record.'
    Medal Roll Index cards and Medal and Award records do not normally contain any personal information.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

The Marc Lancien, Private, regimental number 28014 also received the Silver War Badge. He enlisted 17 March 1917.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I checked out "Actes de naissances" for the commune "Le Merzer, Département Côtes-d'Armor". I checked for "Marc Lancien, born between 1869-1871" and it returned 1 hit. Unfortunately, it's a subscription site.

Looking to find if the records for "Le Merzer" are free en ligne.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast