Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: caldwell family

Death of Thomas Hallmark age 2 March 1/4 1919 registration district West Derby (same as birth district in 1917) vol 8b page 991

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Christanel
    I also think Arthur was single.
    My Mum doesn't remember him being married.
    Ah so Thomas didn't make pass 2yrs old.That is sad.My Great Grandma Margaret was Pregnant with her Daughter when he passed.That explains some of the stories that she was over protective of Her daughter.

Angela

hi I need some help.
    I just got a message from a cousin i didn't know i had,
    Her father it seems is my Mother's Uncle.
    My Grand father Alexander Caldwell brother.
    I knew with help from this forum that my Grandfather had 2 brothers
    John Duncan Caldwell born in 1899 and died in 1941,
    Arthur Caldwell born in 1914 and died in 1949,
    now i need help with new brother named William Henry Caldwell born in March 1912 liverpool died in 1968 in Nottingham England.In his daughter Tina email she stated that her mother was 2nd wife first wife died of Luekima.Her Mum was married in 1960.She also states she has letters from my great grandmother Maragaret and one from William half sister Margaret.Her brother was named he was told after his Uncle who died in WW2 he was a Air Raid Warden and died in the war his name is John Duncan Caldwell,Maragaret Quine Caldwell father name was William Quine so she named her son after her father.Since William was born in March 1912 the next census was not til 1921 do you know if the 1921 census is available.So he would be 9yrs old.How do i figure this out.On Ancestry i have checked all the people who have My Family info and know one has his name on there tree,How do i find info on this new family member,His daughter has know info on the Caldwell Family since her dad died when she was 5yrs old.Since he left Liverpool.Had no Contact with my family.My Mum barely remember him called him Uncle Bill.If anyone can give me guidance on how to find info on My New Found Great Uncle if would be helpful.Thanks Angela

The best thing if you want to be sure is to check all of birth, marriage and death certificates for the critical moments - eg William henry's birth cert in 1912 and death cert in 1968. Does Tina give wife 1's name and date of death? Or wife 2's name and date of marriage?

You can get preliminary info from index sites, etc. For a start, the CWGC has a death of a civilian called John Duncan Caldwell on 7 May, 1941, afge 42 in Liverpool. They have some additional information (quoting from their site):
    "Air Raid Warden. Son of Margaret Hallmark, of 81 Prince Edwin Street; husband of Beatrice Caldwell, of 9 Attwood Street. Injured 4 May 1941, at Paley Street; died at Broad Green Emergency Hospital."

This agrees with that point in her information.

If it was my search, I would plot the information Tina's given you onto an old-style family tree, and then mark each relationship in colour as you confirm it.

No,the 1921 is not available.

I am still having trouble finding William Henry Caldwell born in 1912.Died in 1968.
    As posted above I am trying to find a connection to my New Great Uncle,
    i have been on Ancestry Find my Past and a couple of other site.I would just like to see if someone can who has access to records can confirm that his Parents on his Birth Certificate has John Duncan Caldwell and Margaret Quine.Would like to know who his first wife is when he was married,was he in Military during WW2.
    Any one who could help i can only say Thanks so Much.
    My new Cousin llves in Nottingham England And since England is on Lockdown Cousin can't gather info since it's not with her.
    SEE ABOVE Post for information.I am in Florida in the USA.
    I don't have alot of money to buy all the different sites.I only could afford Ancesty since i did my DNA with them.
    So if someone could be kind and give me some guidance on where to look.
    Thanks
    Angela Walden-Conahey

Thank You Lesley Robinson,
    Do you know when 1921 Census in England will be release.
    I know that would give me alot of Infomation.
    Angela Walden-Conahey

Hi
    On FreeBMD
    A marriage of a William H Caldwell 1933 to an Emily E Walker registration district Nottingham
    Then a death of an Emily E Caldwell age 43 March 1/4 1958 registration disrict Nottingham.

2nd marriage 1960 registration district Nottingham'

I can see only one possible birth of a child to the first marriage. I can't give his name as he may still be alive but if you go to FreeBMD and look for a birth in the December 1/4 1934 registration district Nottingham you will find him. There are other Caldwell Walker births but they are not in Nottingham and as the possible first wife died in Nottingham they may not be of any consequence.

There is no way of confirming the details of the birth certificate without purchasing it. I checked on Lancs OPC (a free site} and on ancestry for a baptism but found nothing. However if you know that Arthur birth reg W Derby 1914 is definitely your man then it is a good bet that the William Henry Caldwell birth reg 1912 W Derby mother's maiden name Quine is his brother.

The magazine Who Do You Think You Are gave this information about the 1921 census in the magazine 26 March 2019.
    "However, it was announced last month that Findmypast has won the contract to publish the 1921 England and Wales census in January 2022."
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

Not sure if you have the birth reg?
    You can order a PDF copy of the birth cert from gro.gov.uk

CALDWELL, WILLIAM HENRY
    MMN - QUINE
    GRO Ref. 1912 M Quarter
    WEST DERBY
    Vol 08B Page 938

Thanks I will check it out.
    Angela

Hi Christina
    Thank you so much.
    I think your help will direct me in right direction.
    Its hard when Ancestry doesnt give me any hints when i put William info in.
    Now with Emily info i might get more hints,
    I did not know that they had a child.
    Yes it seems William And Arthur are being a little hard to find,
    Thanks for the info for when the Census for 1921 for England,
    It will answer all the questions,
    Thanks
    Angela

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast