Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: caldwell family

Hi would like to ask a question.
    Margaret Hallmark and Daughter Margaret and Husband John Abraham show that in 1950 Lived at 81 Prince Edwin St.
    I received a Letter believe received in 1960's to William Henry Caldwell where it says they moved to 93 Ashbury Road in Huyton LPool 14.
    is there a way I can confirm that the family moved to this address .I have pictures of 3 children names on the back of pictures was there names age and year picture taken/// In 1958 the children were aged 9, 7,and 5 in 1958. We think that Maragaret Abraham is the children's mother and that the photos came with the letter.
    Also is there a way to find out if William Henry Caldwell born in 1912 died in 1968 was in the Military during WW2
    And if Arthur Caldwell born in 1914 and died in 1949 was also in the military in WW2 also.
    William worked in Nottingham at Service Waste Co.LTD Waste Paper Merchants 41 Storer Street Nottingham was a Cardbox Factory.Any one know anything about this Company,Dont know what he did at this company,Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Angela
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 25-05-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Details of potentially living people removed in line with out T&Cs.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Angela, I have had to slightly alter the wording of your post and remove the names of the children who are probably still living.

Quote Originally Posted by angela1956 View Post
    Hi would like to ask a question.
    Margaret Hallmark and Daughter Margaret and Husband John Abraham show that in 1950 Lived at 81 Prince Edwin St.
    I received a Letter believe received in 1960's to William Henry Caldwell where it says they moved to 93 Ashbury Road in Huyton LPool 14.
    is there a way I can confirm that the family moved to this address .
    Electoral rolls will confirm the names of people who were entitled to vote (in the early 60s this would be people aged 21 and over). I am willing to be proved wrong but the electoral rolls for that period are probably not online so you would need to hire a researcher.

I have pictures of 3 children names on the back of pictures was there names age and year picture taken/// In 1958 the children were aged 9, 7,and 5 in 1958. We think that Maragaret Abraham is the children's mother and that the photos came with the letter.
    It is still a work in progress but mostly complete to 1983 so go to https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
    and search for the birth registrations of the children and check out the mother's maiden name.
    Also is there a way to find out if William Henry Caldwell born in 1912 died in 1968 was in the Military during WW2
    And if Arthur Caldwell born in 1914 and died in 1949 was also in the military in WW2 also.
    The answer to both is the same.
    The cheap way is to check out the local papers for obituaries. Papers available via the British Newspaper Archive or (except for the latest updates) on Findmypast.

There could be mention of them during the war in the newspapers.My home town newspaper had regular features (and photos) of men in the military.

The other, very expensive, way means you have to obtain their birth certificates because you have to supply their date of birth; obtain copies of their death certificates which have to be sent off with the application forms. And finally send a cheque for thirty pounds with each application to the Ministry of Defence.

William worked in Nottingham at Service Waste Co.LTD Waste Paper Merchants 41 Storer Street Nottingham was a Cardbox Factory.Any one know anything about this Company,Dont know what he did at this company,Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Angela
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Sent you a private message.

Pam Downes
    Thanks for your info.
    I was not trying to find info on the children.I was just listing them as part of the family at the new Address.Since finding a new brother for my Granddad.Caldwell in Liverpool is such a common last name and they name all there kids John Arthur Margaret its hard to figure which line belongs to My Granddad's.
    i really appreciate all the help your site gives me.i don;t have a lot of money so I like to ask questions so that i can choose wisely.
    Thanks for your help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345