Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    deenor

Default Kirkdale Cemetery Liverpool

I have been trying to contact this cemetery to no avail.
    I have the plot number and section for my ancestor and would like to
    know if there is a headstone for him.
    If they do ever answer the phone are they likely to check this for me ?
    Would there be any other way of finding this out other than go myself.
    Denise.

daggers

These days there is only one office dealing with all the paperwork for the large city cemeteries in Liverpool, and work such as mowing and maintenance is contracted to outside companies. There are therefore few with knowledge of individual graves and I am afraid you may have to visit, or seek a 'kind person' who will look for you.
    Even with the grave reference and a copy of the cemetery plan which can be downloaded it is a tough and unrewarding job to find a plot, especially if you find no stone. Spoken from recent experience at that cemetery!
    What number have you been trying?
    A

deenor

Hi, thankyou , The number I have is this-0151 5252602.

lynnelay

there are some MIs on this web site
    https://www.old-merseytimes.co.uk/kirkdalecemetery.html
    it might help
    Lynne

deenor

Thanks Lynne, I had a look ,but no luck.
    Denise

A fountain of knowledge

Hi...try
    www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk and trawl through the site....there is a cemetery section.
    Death in the Pool of Life
    ..good luck...allan

A fountain of knowledge

Hi Deenor......Just had a good idea..register on this free site
    www.yoliverpool.com this will take about an hour for your membership to come through...then when you are a member...scroll down the home page and on the RIGHT hand side you will see a heading
    Liverpool and Merseyside Districts ...click on this....then you will see a list of districts of Liverpool....look for North(you will see Kirkdale) and you click on this..
    then look for the Kirkdale thread.....
    ask on the Kirkdale thread if anyone could go and have a look for you....
    Having to come to Kirkdale is a bit much...I live in South Liverpool (Garston)7 miles from Kirkdale and I support Everton...I walk from Kirkdale station to Evertons ground when I go to the match..so ..I don`t go to all the matches but next time I go I can have a look for you but you might have to wait a few weeks....but I am Confident someone from Kirkdale will have a look for you from Yoliverpool....if you want I can post a message on yoliverpool and say you are related to me and need a look up at the cemetery ?.........allan

Miss

Default Kirkdale cemetery

Just been looking at your post, did you find out anything about the grave you are looking for? If not let me know the details and when I am feeling better I will try and look for you. Kirkdale Cemetery is no where near Kirkdale Station, its not even in Kirkdale, its actually in Fazakerley.

A fountain of knowledge

Excuse my ignorance....I presumed Kirkdale Cemetery was in Kirkdale....as you can see I`m a South-Ender....allan

deenor

Hi ,
    Thankyou both for your really great offers to look for me, I am going to have a look at
    the site you gave me Alan it sounds pretty good, but if you think being related to you
    will help me in any way then I'll go with that !
    "Miss", hope you will soon be feeling better.
    Denise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast