Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Steve Steere

No sorry I have not. There are many wills now on the Wilts record office site but I have not looked lately, but most require payment to access so they will have to wait for a year or two.

Steve Steere

Hi, sorry I do have the Will of Joseph Musselwhite who died in June 1756, proved Salisbury 11 June 1756. In brief he bequests to wife Alice, son Joseph, son Francis, daughters of Francis: Elizabeth, Grace & Ann, and John Musselwhite his great (left blank), and to Mary Bowls. This indicates he is the Joseph who married Elizabeth JOSSANT 30 June 1703 Downton, with children Joseph 1704 & Francis 1707 both Downton. Elizabeth died May 1731 buried 18 May 1731 Downton. He re-marries to Alice WILLIAMS/BOLES 1731 Alderbury (marriage index) but no more children.
    THere are no bequests to any children of Joseph so I assume he is either single or in a childless marriage. Brother Francis must be the one who married Grace SNELGAR 12 December 1731 Downton for their children to fit the bequests. Not all children are mentioned so assume first born Elizabeth died and the Elizabeth named in the 1734 second child. No mention of grandsons John, Francis & Joseph so assume as sons would be provided for by father Francis.
    As to John the Great ? he could be a Grandson though more probably a nephew or cousin.
    At present this family do not yet appear to be connected with my own, but Musselwhite's in Downton are so hard to place with any real certainty.
    Regards,
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12