JAP1

Default Memento-Mori - Scottish gravestone photos

Hi All,

I have to be very careful here as the site I'm referring to is a "commercial" site - though it's definitely what I would call very amateur commercial and not, I believe, in any sense in competition with other commercial sites (however small)!!

Bo, or anyone else, I'd be more than happy for you to edit this post or let me know if I've transgressed in any way.

A Google for
    "memento-mori" + uk
    will quickly find the site (I hope it's OK to post that).

It lists gravestones - mostly Stirlingshire but also covers much of Lanarkshire (including Glasgow), East Dunbartonshire, Clackmannanshire and Berwickshire.

Indices, and in many cases photos, are available for many graveyards.

For a very small fee, it is possible to get an index of gravestones in various cemeteries.

And, if you know details, they will even do a free search of their indices.

The photos (for a small fee) are quite beautiful.

It seems that the website owner has trundled round many many graveyards recording and photographing.

Anyway, there we are!

JAP
    PS: I found this on a Scottish board on another forum.

Jan1954

Hello JAP,

It is okay to mention commercial or pay per view sites as long as the url is not posted and it is made quite clear that people have to fork out dosh. This you have done. Thank you for checking.

Daeganne

Jap,

Can you get in touch with me please - lost your personal e-mail when mt laptop finally gave up the ghost!

I found another Lochtie for you!!

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daeganne View Post
    Jap,

Can you get in touch with me please - lost your personal e-mail when mt laptop finally gave up the ghost!

I found another Lochtie for you!!

D
    I'm afraid JAP is no longer a member of the forum, so may not see your post
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Daeganne

Thanks for letting me know Sue.

Anne

Famous for offering help & advice

Anyone any idea what has happened to the memento-mori .co.uk website? The wayback machine has it existing in August 2020 but not in February 2021. Wayback not producing the pages I need. Anyone any idea of it's new site?

Thanks

Mitch

It sounds as though it was deliberately taken down... If all else fails, it might be worth asking the Stirlingshire FHS. Their contact info should be on GENUKI.

I suppose that the Wayback Machine hasn’t preserved he contacts page during one of its sweeps?

Famous for offering help & advice

Just for reference I believe the excellent Memento Mori website was created by Ann Anderson. I read last night that she passed away in 2019 which would explain the disappearance of the site.
    Some of the parish index pages are available on the Wayback Machine, unfortunately many parishes were not captured.

Thanks for letting is know, Mitch.
    It's always a shame when a good site vanishes. I've given the relevant FHS a copy of mine, just in case!