annewilson

Talking SKINNER OF UFFCULME/TIVERTON

I am looking for descendants of Henry Dunn Skinner and Ellen Baker also Quick who were in the Uffculme and Tiverton areas in the 1870s onwards. Henry was a farmer at Lyner Moor in 1881 and in 1871 an innkeeper at the Seven Stars Inn in Bridge St Tiverton in 1871, Children include Georgina b1866, Mary Dunn 1868, Henry Dunn 1872, John Dunn 1874 and Emma 1876. Ellen had a son Robert Quick to her first husband born in 1862 before she married Henry

v.wells

Have you followed them on the census and tracked all the children down? Devon FHS has indexes by surname that are really cheap but they mostly only go from 1813-1837. You might get lucky with genesreunited which is ppv to contact but you can always search. I have Quick's in my line but you do not give Ellen Quick's husband's name. I also have Baker's with the complete BMD indexes so will have a look for Ellen Baker.

v.wells

Quick, James m Baker, Sarah 1834 04 23 Anstey
    Quick, Richard m Baker, Jane 1829 03 30 Tiverton

annewilson

Ellen's first husband was William Thomas Coleman Quick. How is that for a name? Thanks for checking up

Anne

Hi Anne. I believe this guy was my great, great, great grandfather. His son Henry moved to Cardiff and had Jack (who worked for GWR and was evacuated from Dunkirk and fought in N Africa. His daughter Jean, had Paul Edwards who is my father. The Devon connection persisted for a while as my gran used to go and see relatives there in the 30s to 60s