Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bindy

Hi "Southerncross", not sure if you are able to shed any more light on Pettingells life in England than what we have already on the forum. I have a reference to Joseph being born in 1799 at Barkway Hertfordshire but have not been able to confirm this. I am related by marriage to Joseph and Marianne, my husband's mother was a Pettingell her grandfather was Frank Linden Pettingell b 1841, the youngest child of Joseph and Marianne.I have a lot of information on the Pettingells life in Tasmania from when they first arrived in Australia if you are interested.
    Cheers
    Marlene

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello, I know a little late, but my GG Grandfather, was the sone of Emily Jane PETTINGELL and Edward TAYLOR. A draper from Schropshire. Edward and Emily were married in Sydney, Australia on 8 April, 1852. Emily came to Australia with her father Joseph PETTINGELL as a small child in 1830. I am interested in the background of Joseph and his brother William PETTINGELL in London prior to 1800 and their parents names. Joseph is buried here at Camperdown Cemetery, close to where I am now. Edward TAYLOR and Emily Janes sone, Henry Arthur TAYLOR is my GG Grandfather who married Sophia OMNET, daughter of Duncan OMNET of Sydney Town.

Walter, welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. I see from your message that you realize that this is an old thread, but you may not have realized that all of the participants tagged “guest” under their names are no longer memebers of the forum. There are a couple of member still there, so you may be lucky.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Lesley, thank you so much. I am very patient so we'll see. Maybe someone else will find the update and get back. I am also an optimist!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12