Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

As an afterthought, I posted this on the Bristol forum since that was the info I had, Should it be moved to Wiltshire?

Regards
    Alison

Geoffers

No problem, it's been moved to the Wiltshire forum

mirandagiles

Default NIXON-ECKERSALL

Hi Alison, just reading your plea of help. How far have you got? are you any the wiser? I love a good mystery. I am not a genealogist per se! but have been researching my family history (and friends) for over 10 years now. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to let me know, perhaps there is a certain aspect of the trail that you are uncertain about which I could help with. I am available a little this week or so.
    kind regards
    Miranda

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amg2512 View Post
    ..... I cannot keep this for much longer, I am moving and space is not available.
    Thank you
    Alison
    If you run out of time, you could pass the box along to a local historical or family history society who would take care of it. One shudders to think how many boxes like this have been thrown out in the rubbish without a second thought.
    ChristineR

Thanks for your replies Miranda and Christine, it's a waiting game now. I am in touch with a society that has this man listed, unfortunately they've not heard from him for 2 years! I am also hoping to be intouch with another member of the Family, have left messages but no replies as yet.

I don't want to leave the box with anyone, it's become part of my "family" and I hope if it's ever collected, I will be able to enjoy the look of joy as childhood drawings, photos and so much more are opened. Too me, it's a treasure chest and my Family have been it's keeper for 30 years!!!!!

Alison

To all of you that helped me with this treasure, I have finally today spoken to a member of the Family and he and his box will be reunited in March next year.... Yeah...

Thank you again, what am I going to do now?
    Alison

v.wells

Thank you again, what am I going to do now?
    Alison

Find another box?

Ahgp62

Thanks for your replies Miranda and Christine, it's a waiting game now. I am in touch with a society that has this man listed, unfortunately they've not heard from him for 2 years! I am also hoping to be intouch with another member of the Family, have left messages but no replies as yet.

I don't want to leave the box with anyone, it's become part of my "family" and I hope if it's ever collected, I will be able to enjoy the look of joy as childhood drawings, photos and so much more are opened. Too me, it's a treasure chest and my Family have been it's keeper for 30 years!!!!!

Alison

Hello Allison

The box has been finally come home via my uncle Captain Charles Nixon-eckersall RN.

I am the survivor of the accident that killed my mother Stella and my older sister Catriona in the early summer of 1963, the result of a drunken driver. I owe my life to the robustness of my silver cross pram and the fact that my poor mother took the brunt of the collision as she and my sister pushed me for an afternoon stroll to the letter box.

Thank you for your efforts in tracing the family and returning the box and it's contents which I will pass on to my own sons in due course.

Kind regards

Andrew Paterson

Ahgp62 AT gmail DOT com
    Last edited by Mutley; 06-04-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: edited email to deter spamming

Ahgp62

Alison

Being new to this forum I am not sure if you got my earlier reply regarding box of family photos and letters of condolence that you have looked after so well.

The box has finally been reunited with me ( by my uncle Captain Charles Nixon Eckersall RN ret) as I am the only survivor of the tragic accident that killed my Mother Stella and my older sister Catriona in the early summer of 1962. As a 7month old baby I was fortunate to survive the incident as I was protected by the robustness of my silver cross pram and the fact that my mother took the full force of the collision(drunken driver mounted kerb) as she and my older sister pushed me to the post box on a sunny June afternoon.

A tragic event that has coloured my family's life from that day to this.

Thank you so much four both your diligence in searching for the family and your care of the 'box' which will be passed down to my sons in due time.

Kind regards

Andrew Paterson

Ahgp62 AT gmail DOT com
    Last edited by Mutley; 06-04-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Not a good idea to put your email address on a forum!

Mutley

I am sure that Alison will see your posts, she was here just a few days ago.

You can click on her user name and send her a private message.
    In a private message you can include your personal details.

So glad the box has found it's rightful home.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast