Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Golley-Jury

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Working with the above, and other information I have since discerned, I have 2 possible marriages:

Marriage #1
    As transcribed [and the image supports] John Jewery married Mary Ann Trethowan in the April-June q. 1855 in Falmouth R.D..

The 2nd is the one to Mary Ann Nicholls. This was in Redruth R.D.

Given that Elizabeth was baptized in St. Allen, which was John's place of birth, the children prior to Elizabeth were also baptised there.
    I am trying to determine where Manaccan is in relation to the marriage in 1855 in Falmouth and the one in 1856 in Redruth?

Colin
    There are some trees on Ancestry that support the marriage #1, However contact with one of the owners has revealed that they do not have the marriage certificate and have not followed the births/baptisms of any of the children.

My thinking is that the marriage in Redruth to Mary Ann Nicholls in July-September q. 1856 is the most likely. Could Mary Ann have been pregnant at the time and they moved back to St. Allen for the birth and the baptism on October 5, 1856.

Colin

Gill Hart

Presumably, Nicolina, this is what was interesting. How can we find out the 'juicy' bits? Apart from my dad, it looks like a 'scandal' on Mum's side too?
    If you look on the Cornish OPC website, you will see that Jane/Jenefer Jory had several illegitimate children, all with different fathers baptised in St Allen.

1808 - James Jory - no father shown but mother was Jenefer Jory
    1816 - Mary Perry Jory - father was George Perry, mother was Jenney Jory
    1819 - James Jory - father was Richard Lanyon
    1825 - Simon Jory - father was William Bartis
    1828 - John Jory - father was John Cock

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Hart View Post
    If you look on the Cornish OPC website, you will see that Jane/Jenefer Jory had several illegitimate children, all with different fathers baptised in St Allen.

1808 - James Jory - no father shown but mother was Jenefer Jory
    1816 - Mary Perry Jory - father was George Perry, mother was Jenney Jory
    1819 - James Jory - father was Richard Lanyon
    1825 - Simon Jory - father was William Bartis
    1828 - John Jory - father was John Cock
    Hi Gil
    With the exception of the 1st I had obtained the others from Cornwall OPC site. I know that she never married.

Thanks, though.

Colin

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

There are some trees on Ancestry that support the marriage #1, However contact with one of the owners has revealed that they do not have the marriage certificate and have not followed the births/baptisms of any of the children.

My thinking is that the marriage in Redruth to Mary Ann Nicholls in July-September q. 1856 is the most likely. Could Mary Ann have been pregnant at the time and they moved back to St. Allen for the birth and the baptism on October 5, 1856.

Colin
    Did you ever find who was the mother for Mary Ann?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234