Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Euros,
    Diolch am yr ymateb. Cyn postio, ynglyn â "Tan y Gaer", o'n i wedi dod o hyd i (Cyfrifiad 1841) -
    Tan y Castell - David Davies, age 30
    Tynygar - Enoch Davies, age 73
    Tynygar - David Davies, age 34?

Felly, o'n i'n eitha' hyderus bod "Tan y Gaer" a "Tynygaer" yr un lle.

Hefyd dw i wedi archwilio'r enwau ar "Welsh Tithe Maps" - diddorol.

Cofion cynnes
    Helachau
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Helachau
    Diolch am yr ymateb, rwy hefyd yn ffyddiog eich bod wedi dadansoddi y cysulltiad teuluol rhwng "Happy Jackie" "Jeanjin" a minnau gan fod y tri o ni yn ddysgynyddion o Enoch Davies (1768), Tyngaer a'i briod Mary James (priodi 18eg Ebrill,1794). Dwy ddim yn gwybod enw llawn y gyfneither o Alberta ond dwy yn gwybod enw y gyfnither o Ohio gan i fi dderbyn e-bost wrthi 3 diwrnod yn ol. Sut yn byd na gwrddo ni'n dau yn ystod y dathliadau Cymru / Ohio yn 2018, methu deall, a)doedd ddim gennym lawer o wybodaeth am Thomas a b)ddim yn gwybod am berthynas teuluol.
    Cofion cynnes
    Euros

Euros,
    O leia' dw i wedi datrys cyfeiriad at "Thomas E Davies a Mary" yn y cylchgrawn " Cyfaill o'r Hen Wlad".

Cofion cynnes

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the link to the map. It is most likely Tyn Gaer farm.
    I have seen the 1850 census for Thomas E Davies and all of the family but can't follow his wife, Mary or Jane. Could she possible have been Mary Jane and died at the birth of their last son?
    Jeanne
    What is the Welsh Journal with reference to Elizabeth's death? I will look it up.

Thomas E Davies married twice.
    The first 5 children (Enoch, Rachel, David, Richard and Mary) were Jane's children. She was born Jane Davies and died Sep 28th 1837. I have posted details of 4 of the 5 - haven't found David's baptism.

Thomas married Mary Davies 19 Dec 1840 - children were Elizabeth, Thomas, Reese, Jane - born Wales and one more (can't recall name) born America. All this covered in my posts above.

Apologies for the exchange in Welsh with Euros - we were just agreeing that "Tan y Gaer" and "Tyngaer" were the same.

The Welsh Journal item is in Welsh. It referred to "Thomas E Davies and wife Mary, Ty-hen". I was puzzled by the reference to Mary when all posts referred to Jane. Hence my checking out Thomas from his 1827 marriage to Jane and after.

regards

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I think you have figured the 2 marriages for Thomas E. But unless Mary died before they left Wales, she should be on the ship's manifest or even the 1850 census.
    I can't open the attachments. Is there a trick to this?
    J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12