ruthstansfield

Wink greetham parish records

any kind person visiting oakham record office soon?and able to do a parish look up for me please.regards ruth

ruthstansfield

Default parish records

hi there thank you for your interest.im trying to find the babtism for a robert stapleton 1837-1840 to great expense the following parishes have been checked greetham where on his service reord he states as born,cottesmore,and empingham no results.civil registration checked no result.i dont know where to go from here to look for him he is a mystery ive found him on the 1841 census but becouse on his marriage certificate his father was called john occupation a baker as was he before joining the army i dont yet know the relationship to the rest of the family on the census.i know of him with marriage and children but want to know more of his origin and back to his dad and mum.any advice and help would be much appriciated.kindest regards ruth.

Jan1954

The Rutland Local History & Record Society is located in the Rutland Museum:
    Catmos Street
    Oakham
    Rutland
    LE15 6HW
    Tel: 01572 758440

However, the Records Office that now covers Rutland is based in Leicester:
    Long Street
    Wigston Magna
    Leicester
    LE18 2AH
    Telephone: 0116 2571080

I hope that this helps.

ruthstansfield

Default oakham

thank you jan the information is most helpful i will give them a ring.regards ruth