Loves to help with queries

Default Fannett, near Carriskeel? Donegal

I have a Edward Watkins born 1880 who enlisted in the Royal Inneskillen Fussiliers in 1899.
    His address is given as in the parish of Fannett, near the town of Carriskeel in the county of Donegal. As I can't find Fannett or Carriskeel on the map can anyone tell where this may be. Also, pleased to hear from anyone interested in this Edward Watkins.
    Colin parkinson

Jan1954

County Donegal is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland and, when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I visited Portsalon often, which is on the Fanad peninsular.

So, could these two places really be FANAD and CARROWKEEL? The latter can also be found as KERRYKEEL. The peninsular is at the top of County Donegal on the banks of Lough Swilly.

gasser

Carriskeel could Kerrykeel ......and Fannet is also know an Fanad, Donegal. It is a peninsula in the north of the county on Loch Swilly.
    Does this help?

Loves to help with queries

Thank you for the suggestions. As some are similar - therefore looks quite likely. Anyone with Donegal knowledge able to confirm or otherwise?
    Colin