Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ennael

Back to Albert Edward,1969:

https://www.ryersonindex.org/

you can obtain a look-up for Alberts' death notice from this site.

Leanne

Thomasin

Quote Originally Posted by ennael View Post
    It is the formal NSW BDM site so you should have no problems accessing it.
    not sure where the problem is coming in.
    I've found what the problem was. I was thinking 'less is more' and not putting enough information down. Have now found Albert Edward's death.

It would be interesting to get Louisa's death certificate from the Victoria site, but I use Maestro, not Mastercard or Visa. Never mind, I think, thanks to all of you, that we have worked out her children's details.

It would be nice, though, to find out who Mrs Nellie Hornewood was.

Thomasin

Alan Scadding

Lightbulb A mystery solved!

I'm most impressed!
    I googled my grandmother's name and all this came up!
    My grandmother was Jessima Alice Guyett who, with her sister, returned to this country to marry my grandfather, John William Scadding. Their lives, and the rest of the Scaddings and Scaddens I have found can be found on the scadding.net website. Look in the Devon branch.
    You guys have saved me a whole lifetime with your research!
    Thank you Thomasin and all the other contributors.

Alan Guyett Scadding

Thomasin

Hallo Alan - it's nice to see that you have joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasin View Post
    It would be interesting to get Louisa's death certificate from the Victoria site, but I use Maestro, not Mastercard or Visa.
    Reading through this old thread again, I realised that my Maestro card was converted into a Visa about three years ago, so I have today been able to obtain the image covering Louisa Guyett's death. She died on 20th April 1897 at Woodlands Street, North Essendon. As we know, she was 43, and she died of pneumonia of both lungs due to septicaemia - 12 weeks. She seems to have been born in Hereford, England, and had been in Australia for 8 years. The children - and this is where the quality of the image makes it hard to read - Jessima Alice (?) years, May Louisa ?4 years, Elsie Maud 3 years, Winifred Ellen Elizabeth 2 months.

So little Winifred must have been born while her mother was so ill.

Alan Scadding

Thumbs down Scadding Folklore

Of course Thomasin is right, but I did acknowledge this as an account originating with Jessima. In fact it was passed through my father, Sidney Alan Scadding, who was about 85, when he wrote it down. It's to investigate such stories that we do genealogy.
    More realistically, I certainly acknowledge that Jessima was an apprentice milliner in the 1901 census, and that she was born in Tottenham (though registered in Edmonton, not so very far away). This is important, since there are other Jessie Guyetts.
    In fact, May Louisa is living with my grandfather and Jessima at 1 Evangelist Road, N.W. in 1911. She is a shorthand typist, working with a shipping agent. The census clearly has her as 'sister-in-law', so there can be no doubt.

AlanScadding

Thomasin,
    Thank you for your interest in the Guyett family. If by any chance you have not found the answers to your questions by now, here they are:
    Sarah Perrin's two nieces (May Louisa and Elsie Maud) were the daughters of her younger brother, William Guyett 1857-1900 and Louisa Valentine 1851-1897. They had both been brought up in Australia, where William ran an unsuccessful market gardening business. Their elder sister, Jessima Alice Guyett 1883-1959, appears to have been working as an apprentice milliner in Battersea, so was not with them. Later Jessima married my grandfather, John William Scadding 1868-1960. Great Aunt Sarah Perrin was well remembered by my father's generation for her generosity and hospitality.
    You have correctly traced the family's journies, in 1890 to Victoria, and in 1898 (after the death of Louisa) back to London. ChristineR had correctly identified Louisa's death in Essendon, Victoria. Her parents were actually Edward Valentine 1801-1858 and Elizabeth Byway 1812-1861. The other members of the family listed in the replies above all relate to William Guyett's brothers brother's (Thomas George Guyett 1860-1943) family. Several of his children served in the A.I.F. in the First World War, thus 'Our Boys' League, which was some kind of patriotic support organisation.
    Have I left anything unanswered? Please do ask.

Alan

Hello Alan

Sadly, Thomasin passed away in February, 2013 shortly after her last post on this thread .

Thank you for returning and posting more information on this family. It is now out there for others who may be researching them in the future.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

In the past I've found information about my grandfather and his brother via the online Australian state records, from which I've then been able to send for the BDM certs. Hope this is helpful https://www.australia.gov.au/informat...ges-registries.

Elise

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234