MariaL

Question Bertha Elizabeth Neville (nee Cowan)

Hello,

I'm trying to get information about Bertha E Neville (her internment information) and I was wondering if anyone was planning to go to Ottawa library or if anyone has a copy of the Capital Memorial Gardens CD-rom? I got this information from the OGS Ottawa Cemetery Records. It doesn't, however, give a date of death. Her husband was William Neville and also has his details at Capital Memorial Gardens.

ID 383738 (Soundex=N140)
    Name NEVILLE, Bertha E
    Cemetery Capital Memorial Gardens
    County Carleton
    Township Nepean
    Tombstone A167D
    Reference 00-06 Capital Memorial Gardens, Nepean Twp., Ontario(CD-ROM)
    Library AV-52-A CAPITAL MEMORIAL GARDENS, NEPEAN, ON

The information displayed from this database does not include specific internment information. This information is available in the referenced publication.
    This publication is available for viewing in the Ottawa Branch Library, part of the city of Ottawa Archives

Thanks,
    Maria

jim buckland

Bertha Elizabeth (Cowan) Neville died in Ottawa 6 November 1962 and she is buried at Capital Memorial Gardens in Nepean ( Ottawa) with her husband William John Neville who died in 1958.Bertha and William had two children a boy called Bill and a girl who name is or was Myrtle.

jim buckland

Maria, Bertha E. Neville died in Hospital in Ottawa on Tuesday 6 November 1962( she was 68 years old) Her funeral was arranged through Hulse and Playfair Central Chapel at 315 McLeod Street with her service at 1PM on Thursday 8 November 1962 and her interment later with her husband William John Neville at Capital Memorial Gardens in Nepean.

MariaL

Thanks Jim for this information and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Are you in anyway related to the family? Thanks. Maria

jim buckland

Nicholas Hamilton Cowan
    Dob 20 Nov 1863 Manotick, Ontario
    Dod 14 Feb 1907 England
    Married 1 Ann Johnston had son John Cowan
    Married 2 Jessie Irvine(Chorlton, England) had 4 sons

Maria, please email me at my home address as I misplaced your email address. Thanks

Jim B

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Neville Cowan

Quote Originally Posted by MariaL View Post
    Thanks Jim for this information and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Are you in anyway related to the family? Thanks. Maria
    Yes indirectly. Family research is Rose Buckland Neville John's Mother.Bertha Elizabeth COWAN, 32, (born 1874) Steno, Chicago, Ottawa, d/o Nicholas Hamilton COWAN (b. Ottawa) & Bertha CREEGAN married William J. Neville in Ottawa 29 December 1926. Bertha E. Neville died in hospital in Ottawa on Tuesday 6 November 1962 and not at her 812 Kirkwood Ave home at age 68.Her funeral was Thursday 8 November 1962 at 1PM at the Hulse and Playfair Central Chapel at 315 McLeod Street (Bertha Neville followed my Buckland Ancestors with her use of the Hulse and Playfair Central Chapel).She joined her husband William J Neville at Tombstone A167D at Capital Memorial Gardens. Bertha and William Neville left a son Bill and a daughter Myrtle

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Maria daughter Myrtle died in Manitoba and son Bill Neville died in Ottawa. There are only grandchildren left and they are NOT interested in Family history .

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Maria my home email is bucklandjames5 AT hotmail DOT com I have not heard from you in years.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 21-03-2020 at 3:51 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers