Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Muju1

Hi Patrick,

Just wondering if you have spoken to your Mum and if she remembers Kate Eaton born 1895 who was my Grandmother, I would so love to find out whatever happened to her as I cannot go any further without knowing where she went to. It was fantastic to speak with you on the telephone, I was so happy I was flustered and glad my hubby was beside me to correct me on errors. Keep safe

Mary

antoe2

Hi Patrick,

Yes i'm very curious to find out about both sides of my family. I was finding it hard to find Eaton ancestry, until i searched the Cashel Road address on google and found this forum. My dad nearly hit the roof with excitement especially to see Eddie's name there. I guess from what information we have we are related, my dad Paddy Eaton is your third cousin? I think i have it right . We have found out so much through this forum and I am adamant that I find out more. So I've asked my dad about talking to his uncle's. He has told me his uncle (also named Eddie (Sonny)) might be able to tell me about Charles, im not sure how right my dad is but he thinks he can remember being told about Charles and his passing. If the story is correct Charles passed away in or after a mining explosion but i have to confirm this. I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Anthony

antoe2

Hi Mary,

Great to hear from you, the youngest of Eddie's kid's was Eugene, he sold the family home in Cashel Road early 00's, he now lives down in Kerry. Eddie(Sonny) lives in Terenure/Whitehall.My grandad was one of their older children Patrick/Paddy he passed away in 1996 but I've always wanted to find out more about both sides of my family and since the end of January (when i found this forum) i just can't get enough of finding out about the Eatons. I am originally from Ballyfermot and now live in Palmerstown in Dublin with my mam & dad, sisters, brother & nephew. I will email you straight away so you also have my address. No problem, thank you for replying to my post also.

Anthony

patrick barnes

Hi Mary,
    lovely to hear from you once again. I keep scrolling through all this information that has been coming in and searching for little clues. I have spoken to my mum, Dimples, and she can only remember Katie Lee Eaton described as alway wearing black and smoked a pipe. My mum tried out the pipe on one visit whilst Katie was asleep in her bed. She got a clip around the ear when Katie awoke to see mum with her pipe in mouth and turning green. Mum also remembers visiting her when she was moved in to a home. They used to visit on a Sunday. This would have been in the early 1950's.

Your Gran Katie Eaton, do you have any idea where in England she moved to as there are a number of Katie eaton's on record as getting married in the early 1900's. Do you know the surname of her husband or when they got married otherwise it's all a stab in the dark, but I do love a challenge.

patrick barnes

Further to my last thread, I've just contacted our Eaton cousins in Canada and Australia and introduced them to this website to see if they may be able to shine any light upon any of the questions that you have all been asking.

amomcnally

Default Anybody still here??

H all, I am so sorry but between one thing and another I never continued with my initial explorations into our background until just recently when it came back onto my agenda. I am currently writing a report on genealogical services in Ireland for a work project and it has brought me back into the realm of family history.

I was fascinated today reading the stuff on here from Muju and Antoe after I'd stopped posting. I am finding really REALLY weird things/coincindences that don't make sense to me. In addition, I am hitting a brick wall in relation to Annie's (b 1908 daughter of kate lee & patrick eaton) husband Thomas Redmond.

I know there was an Athenry connection cos my mum (Annie's daughter) recalls being brought to Athenry. There was also a connection to Aughavannagh Road in Crumlin.

Re Annie's brother Charlie..my mum recalls stories about a mining explosion in which he was killed.

ANY help people can provide I will be happy to try and reciprocate.

Muju1

Hi This is Muju also known as Mary Murphy-Judge NEE Redmond. My Mum Kathleen Redmond had an Aunt called Annie Redmond who lived in Dolphins Barn and she also had an Uncle named Eddie Eaton who lived in Dublin. They were regular visitors to us at our home in Athenry and I know she wrote and received many letters from Annie Redmond. I know Annie had a daughter, I assume she is your Mum. I too am trying to trace my mums relations. She was an illegitimate child of Kate Eaton who left Mum in Cavan when she was four and went to live in the UK. Mum lived with her paternal Grandmother until the age of about 16. We know that her paternal mother got married in the UK and Mum told me before she passed away that she had two half brothers who she believed were in either the Navy or the Army something to do with the Airforce there, that is the only information I have about her at the moment but if you have any other information then I would be grateful if you would pass it on. Kate Eaton my paternal Grandmother came from a family of about 1o or 11 children everyone of them moved to the UK with the exception of one of the girls who is alive and still living in Cavan. Hope this helps you somwhat

Regards

Mary

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234