Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    redrobin

Thank you for that info Sue. I have never been too serious about finding out my past but get interested from time to time. My late husband was the researcher.

redrobin

Do you konow about Frederick, not sure when he was born but died aged 3 - according to my mother, he wandered down the garden in Nayland where they lived at the time and fell into the river that ran along the bottom.
    I remember going to see someone - not sure who they were - at the house in Nayland - I believe it was Ford Street but not sure. There was a wooden bridge over part of the front garden.

redrobin

My mother told me that Marcus Thompson Sen. had a half brother called Mr. Downey - any info. regarding him would be interesting.
    Have no idea where he lived but got the impression it could have been the London area. Should have asked more questions then.

eileench

Marcus Senior's mother was Lucy Downes. Perhaps the half brother was an older sibling born before her marriage and was Mr Downes.

Quote Originally Posted by eileench View Post
    Marcus Senior's mother was Lucy Downes. Perhaps the half brother was an older sibling born before her marriage and was Mr Downes.
    Presumably this is Marcus with his grandparents in 1871

Class: RG10; Piece: 1693; Folio: 106; Page: 12 (original TNA Crown copyright)

Brook Farm, Boxted

Nehemiah DOWNES 79 Farm Bailiff b Boxted
    Sarah DOWNES 74 b Essex, Langham
    Marcus THOMPSON grandson 7 ag lab's son b Boxted

He's still with them in 1881 (RG11; Piece: 1800; Folio: 106; Page: 11), and his grandfather is listed as 93!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

eileench

Nehemiah had probably lost count as 10 years earlier he was only 79.

larmet1969

Default family

could redrobin and eileench please put down for me how they fit in the family tree as ive only part of the picture you know mine my mum is m.... j.... thompson her father was ernest thompson her mother was joyce johnson ernests father was marcus senior and elizabeth thompson nee bugg thanks as i would like to chart the info down to share with the rest of the family thanks
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 03-09-2011 at 9:43 AM. Reason: masked name of living person - please read our Terms of Service

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Please remember that details of living persons should not be posted on the forum. The private messaging system or email should be used instead.

larmet1969

yes sorry please email details of parents names i know grandparents thanks

eileench

The Mr Downes was William Downes. He was Marcus seniors half brother and worked on the railway in Norfolk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast