Hi Adele
No I don't mind the questions at all, anything might help.
We don't know exactly when George went to the US but he married in New York in 1941 and again in 1942 when he described himself as an interpreter for the British Counsel, so it was before then. We believe he went to the US with his sister but we do not know her name, although it may have been Beatrice. His mother joined them in the US before George was married. His mother's name on George's marriage certificate is Ball, not Renwick. She apparently had to change her name to Rabies later on to remain in the States - this was her son-in-law's name, so presumably she lived with her daughter and son-in-law but I have not found any records for them so I do not know if this is correct. George disappeared not long after his children were born and was not heard of again. We know he was a gambler.
We do not know what happened to George's father, Frank Renwick. All the Frank Renwicks I have found in England have been married to other people. All we know is that he did not go with them to the US. Unfortunately I cannot find any record on ship passenger lists.
Best wishes
Dawn