Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by David Sherriff
    Dear Lesley, I had a quick look at your website and your 1841 census transcription for Whitsome, Berwickshire, and I am impressed. I was interested to see that some of the surnames in Whitsome, appear in my family tree, or appeared in Cockburnspath in the 1950's. Do you happen to know of any other 1841 transcriptions of other parishes in Berwickshire?
    I'm afraid not. There's not that many folk doing 1-place studies on the scottish side of the Border as yet - the only other Berwickshire one that comes to mind is Viv Dunstan (Coldingham), and I don't know whether she's transcribed the census.
    I can proudly boast that once I get the '71 finished, I only need about 20 houses in the '51 to have the complete set (somehow last summer, I thought I'd done them and then got back to Holland before I found that I only had the Heads....)
    If that should be 1850s rather than 1950s, let me have a few names (possible to the Berwickshire forum as I look at it more often) and I'll check the '51 & '61, and my other databases (OPR index, BMDs, etc).
    Lesley

David Sherriff

No, I meant the 1950's, as I used to go there as a boy to help with the harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sherriff
    No, I meant the 1950's, as I used to go there as a boy to help with the harvest.
    Pity. I've not managed to get too far out of the 19th century, apart from the war memorials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12