Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    David Sherriff

Thumbs up 1841 / 51 CENSUS ON FreeCEN FOR EAST LOTHIAN

In case you do not know already, the above census transcription has been completed for East Lothian, and you can search on line for free. Because FreeCEN is so busy, it is best to go on-line after midnight, GMT. Happy hunting!

amanda77

Can Anyone tell me if they know which other areas in Scotland are complete on Freecen? I haven't managed to locate anything for any of my searches in Scotland so far.

Regards

Amanda

Smile FreeCEN stats

Quote Originally Posted by amanda77
    Can Anyone tell me if they know which other areas in Scotland are complete on Freecen? I haven't managed to locate anything for any of my searches in Scotland so far.

Regards

Amanda
    First port of call for up to date progress is here https://www.freecen.org.uk/statistics.html

enjoy

Dave

amanda77

Thanks for that. Very handy to know. One other question if you don't mind. I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any Scottish counties listed for any other census other than 1841. Does this mean they are not going to be available?
    Any idea?

Regards
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by amanda77
    Thanks for that. Very handy to know. One other question if you don't mind. I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any Scottish counties listed for any other census other than 1841. Does this mean they are not going to be available?
    Any idea?

Regards
    Amanda
    1851 has a few counties for Scotland listed, more will be doing this year sooner or later, 1861 East Lothian has started, others will follow later.......all this will happen faster with more transcribers

Any Scottish coord will welcome anyone with open arms....as will England and Wales

Dave

Jo Simpsons

Sounds like Dave is touting for business!

Jo

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Any Scottish coord will welcome anyone with open arms....as will England and Wales

Dave
    I don't know about that. As I already have the 1841, 1861, 1881, 1891 and 1901 for Whitsome in Berwickshire complete, and the 1851 nearly complete, I've now offered them 3 times over the last couple of years - AND offered to hand over the 1851 on completion and do the 1871. The first 2 offers weren't even answered. The current coordinator did answer my offer, but doesn't seem very keen (the files are currently in MS Works, but could easily go to csv).
    I've now put the 1841 onto my own web site as a pdf file, with added maiden names. It's faster and easier, so I'll be adding the others as I get them done.

Default FreeCEN donations

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson
    I don't know about that. As I already have the 1841, 1861, 1881, 1891 and 1901 for Whitsome in Berwickshire complete, and the 1851 nearly complete, I've now offered them 3 times over the last couple of years - AND offered to hand over the 1851 on completion and do the 1871. The first 2 offers weren't even answered. The current coordinator did answer my offer, but doesn't seem very keen (the files are currently in MS Works, but could easily go to csv).
    I've now put the 1841 onto my own web site as a pdf file, with added maiden names. It's faster and easier, so I'll be adding the others as I get them done.
    Sad.....let me know who and I will bang heads, this has happened before, I solved that as well

We always welcome donations as some coords will tell you, just a little one for you, STS 1861 and 41.........so much data it was amazing 16 61 pieces, and I think 8 41 pieces...............I was gobsmacked

I never say no, it may be work , but so what, we can get it done

Dave

David Sherriff

Dear Lesley, I had a quick look at your website and your 1841 census transcription for Whitsome, Berwickshire, and I am impressed. I was interested to see that some of the surnames in Whitsome, appear in my family tree, or appeared in Cockburnspath in the 1950's. Do you happen to know of any other 1841 transcriptions of other parishes in Berwickshire?

<Sad.....let me know who and I will bang heads>

I don't know whether it was your magic wand, or what, but I've now heard from the coordinator. She's sent me some templates, so after I've finished transcribing & processing the '71, I'll start working on it. It'll be interesting to see how complicated it is to reduce the files (weed out the extras) and fit them to the standard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast