Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gszparman

Default aunt jessie

As I have Peter Mclaren b.1885 living with his unmarried aunt Jane/Jessie Mclaren on the 1901 census I thought I would be able to find her death cert on Scotlands People but as yet have failed to locate her .Any ideas? On the census she is a boarding house keeper, Dundas st, Edinburgh. Thanks for any input.

JAP1

Quote Originally Posted by gszparman View Post
    As I have Peter Mclaren b.1885 living with his unmarried aunt Jane/Jessie Mclaren on the 1901 census I thought I would be able to find her death cert on Scotlands People but as yet have failed to locate her .Any ideas? On the census she is a boarding house keeper, Dundas st, Edinburgh. Thanks for any input.
    Have you downloaded the census image from SP? Does it say that she was unmarried?

Why do you say "Jane/Jessie"?

Jessie was more often a pet name for Janet. So you might find her under Janet McLaren. But it is a fairly common name ...

JAP

gszparman

Default aunts name..

I was working on information given to me, I will try Janet and see what turns up.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

In case you are still interested in this thread, my 2x great grandparents were Peter McLaren (born 1828 in Comrie, Perthshire) and Christian MacDonald (born 1827 in Little Dunkeld, Perthshire. They were married in 1857 in Little Dunkeld and he was a gamekeeper at Glenshee House, Auchtergaven, Ardvorlich House, Comrie and Mid Fearn, Edderton, Ross & Cromarty before becoming by 1887 an innkeeper at Taybridge Hotel, Newburgh, Fife. He had retired by 1891 and in 1901 was living with his son-in-law William Taylor at Wester Drumhead, Abernethy, Perthshire. He died in 1904 at Mount Cabra, Cupar, Fife

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Ian McLaren
    gszparman hasn't been on the forums since 2010 but if they still have the same email address they should receive notification of your post. The information you have posted will possibly be of help to others researching this family in the future.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

gszparman

Thank you Ian for your reply . Still dip in and out of my Mclaren family history when I can. That’s good information. Looks like you have done well in family search. No doubt distantly related. Glad to hear from you if you have any further info. Thanks Gillian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123