Roses

Default Unusual headstone found on the Great Orme

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help?

On visiting the Great Orme yesterday we found a fantastic headstone (wings on a car wheel). It is the grave of Beatrice Blore Browne (Bee) - born 26th Sep 1887 - died 23rd Nov 1921. She was a spinster.

The Church newsletter of the Great Orme believes she was a pioneer of motoring in North Wales, one of the first people to drive up the Great Orme, maybe she was a racing driver killed in a racing or driving accident.

Also in The London Gazette on the 19 Nov 1920 she changed her name by deed poll from Beatrice Blore to Beatrice Blore Browne. (a year before she died).

If she was a racing driver it seems strange that there is nothing we can find about her on the web.

Looking at the web it seems I am not alone in tracing her history.

It would be great if anyone can find anything.

Roses

terrysfamily

I've just seen a picture of the headstone, isn't it fantastic.

I would love that for a headstone (probably get a buckled pram wheel with a dead sparrow tied to it)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Beatrice Blore Browne

I am pleased to announce that my Biography of Beatrice Blore Browne is now available with the whole story of the Wheeled Winged Grave of Llanduduno -

Get it from Amazon only £6.50

All profits from the book go to Breast Cancer UK

amazon.co.uk/
    dp/1537621823/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item"]
    https://www.
    amazon.co.uk/
    dp/1537621823/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item[/URL]
    Last edited by christanel; 09-11-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: eamil address link broken. amazon advertising site

Found this on her with apicture of the nifty headsone; https://historypoints.org/index.php?...e-blore-browne

The Bystander, Wed 12 Aug 1914, has a photo of Beatrice and passenger (not named) in her Singer car making the climb.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"