Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    perisama

Smile

Hi again. Been using a really big spade for this lot of digging....
    Alexanders parents were Patrick Mclaren and Catherine Mcbeath.
    Patrick's brother was David both born abt 1740.

Patrick and Catherine's children were :
    Alexander b 17 feb 1765 Callander
    Archibald b 4 feb 1763 Callander d.15 apr 1829 Cults.
    Janet b 25 may 1767 Callander

Alex's father Patrick and Uncle David were both farmers and brewers in Newton Stewart, Wigtown. I have more on their families too.

I have yet to find Patrick or Catherine's parents, I just know they were born in perthshire. All sources from SP (I take back my earlier comment!) and IGI.

valr

Wigtown to Callander seems a bit of a stretch don't you think? V odd.... you sure??

perisama

Sorry about long long delay in reply... I know Wigtown and Callender are a distance away from each other but I know for fact about the brewer side of it from a Will. Patrick and Catherine fit because of the children's names,I haven't yet found another that fits in.

maclaurin

I also belong to that line of maclaurins. Have traced it back to JOhn Maclaurin Balquidder.

perisama

Hello maclaurin... tell me more about your line of Maclaurin. Which John are you referring to? Dates? where do you fit in? Its is a long time since I have found a link. Have you always been in Australia? Or did an ancestral Maclaurin emigrate many years ago?

maclaurin

Yes, my father was Archibald Gordon Maclaurin who came to Australia from London, in 1927. His father was Archibald Maclaurin married to Lucy Ada Fanny English, and his father was Daniel Maclaurin.

akeith71

Hello,
    I know this post was some years ago but I hope someone is able to help. I am looking for information on Donald McLaren and Margaret Cameron. I believe I am a descendant of theirs and am looking for any information. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I believe my 3 x gt Grandfather was Archibald Maclaurin as well. But the numbers don't add up. If he was born in 1786, my geneology chart says that his son was George Maclaurin who was born in 1856. That can't be right. Could there be more than one Archibald Maclaurin in the line?

Do you have George's birth certificate? Assuming he was born in Scotland, it should give the names of both his parents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12