Thread: F J T Stock

daisycakes

Default F J T Stock

Hello Mary ...Could please look up Frank J T Stock...I believe he was a minister somewhere near Harehills Lane north east Leeds.

Thank you in anticipation... Ann

A fountain of knowledge mary elms's Avatar

Hello Ann,

A first glance through the books doesn't produce anything. Do you have any more information? Was he a Methodist minister? If so, which branch of Methodism? What were his dates? All these might help us find him.

Mary.

daisycakes

Hi Mary....In 1891 Frank John Talbot Stock was a teacher in Pembokeshire..In 1901 still a teacher but now married to Amy Nicholas... Then in 1911 I found him in Leeds with Amy and 5 children occupation... Clergyman Established Church.... and living in Harehills Lane Leeds.

My family link is actually with Amy Nicholas.

Many thanks Ann

A fountain of knowledge mary elms's Avatar

Hello Ann,

I've moved your query to the clergyman forum where you'll get better help than here. My books are all Methodist and your man is Church of England.

Happy Hunting!

Mary.

Procat

Hi Ann,

He appears in Crockfords Clerical Directory:

STOCK, Frank John Talbot, 164, Harehills-lane, Leeds. - University of London, Bachelor of Arts 1892, Deacon 1902, Priest 1903 Llandaff, Curate of St Albans Martyr Leeds, Diocese Ripon 1904 Fellow of a society, Curate of Ystradyfodwg 1902-04

STOCK, Frank John Talbot, University of London, Bachelor of Arts 1892, Deacon 1902, Priest 1903 Llandaff, Curate of Ystradyfodwg 1902-04, St Albans Martyr Leeds 1904 - 11, Idle 1911-13, Brooke Lecturer and Curate in charge of St Johns, Idle, 1913-23, Vicar 1923-28, Vicar of Wilsden, Diocese Bradford from 1928 (Patron Vicar, of Bradford, Gross Income 360l and House; Population 2422.) Wilsden Vicarage, Bradford.

daisycakes

Hi Procat... Thank you so much Ann

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

FJT Stock is related to my sister-in-law so please contact me if you'd like to get in touch

daisycakes

Quote Originally Posted by RuthieB View Post
    FJT Stock is related to my sister-in-law so please contact me if you'd like to get in touch
    Hi... Be glad to... I have sent a pm ...regards daisycakes