katerimmer

Default Problem with WinREG update

When I ran WinREG today, it said there was an update available - size 6.63 MB, Reads and corrects .CSV files previously manipulated by Excel. The URL suggests it is version 2.1.35, and the version I am running at the moment is 2.01.34. But when I try to download the update, I keep getting an error - wrong file size. Is the update downloading o.k. for others, and can anyone help, please? I'm on Windows Vista, by the way.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Same problem for me.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Carmy

Checked mine and no mention of update. I have 2.01.34.

I'm in the middle of a transcript so I don't suppose I'll be able to update until it's done and uploaded. I'd hate to lose 700 entries.

katerimmer

I don't think that's right, Carmy, because I've uploaded the software while in the middle of a transcription before and it didn't cause any problems as far as I know.

Kirk Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by Carmy View Post
    Checked mine and no mention of update. I have 2.01.34.

I'm in the middle of a transcript so I don't suppose I'll be able to update until it's done and uploaded. I'd hate to lose 700 entries.

Updating the software can be done at any time. Just make sure you save your current work. Restart WinREG, download and install the new version and everything will be fine.

Kirk

Kirk Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by katerimmer View Post
    When I ran WinREG today, it said there was an update available - size 6.63 MB, Reads and corrects .CSV files previously manipulated by Excel. The URL suggests it is version 2.1.35, and the version I am running at the moment is 2.01.34. But when I try to download the update, I keep getting an error - wrong file size. Is the update downloading o.k. for others, and can anyone help, please? I'm on Windows Vista, by the way.

There was a problem. It has now been fixed. You may install the new version by selecting the Check for Updates option under Help.

Kirk

Carmy

Thanks Kate and Kirk.

katerimmer

Thanks, Kirk. It's updated o.k. now.

Carmy

I updated. When I opened the file I'm working on, I still had the old version.

I'll wait until I'm done before trying again.