lfc1234

Default Old Streets in Liverpool, Garnock Bibby&Co

Doing my family tree and a census shows that they lived on Dagmar Street Old Swan. Been searching for the location of this however i cannot find any reference to it. I understand it may have been demolished and replaced by a tesco in most cases!! however any information on the old location of this would be great!

Also any information onf Garnock Bibby&Co rope works Old Swan would be helpful.

cheers

Mutley

Welcome to the forum lfc1234

I have moved your thread from the Family History Societies Board to Liverpool. You may get some help from those who know the city.

Good Luck

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi,
    According to the Edwardian A-Z Dagmar St runs between Borax St and Stephenson Rd. They are situated approximately where Rathbone Road becomes St Oswalds Street, just down the road from the Old Swan Rope Works.
    Have you tried doing a Google search for the company?
    Emeltee

lfc1234

Default Thanks

wow thanks for your help i have been searching for days!! haha

Mutley

There is more information regarding
    Garnock Bibby & Co on this thread

and I can see lfc1234 has found their way there.

lfc1234

thanks for help is there any edwardian a-z free online that anyone is aware of trying to print a copy of the street for my grandad

A fountain of knowledge

I hope this is ok to post ...but there is a thread for Old Swan on
    www.yoliverpool.com it is a free site ..just register...it is good for the regions of Liverpool....allan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My nan ,dad and family lived in dagmar street old swan Liverpool.It was at the top of borax street just by the borax factory, it got demolished in the 1970's.I think garnock and bibby was the ropeworks. I remember there was a ropeworks in st.Oswalds st more or less opposite st Oswalds catholic church old swan Liverpool 13 so maybe Garnock and bibby