Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nannyval

Default Dawson

Hello and thank you. We are still trying to unrravel the twice married JAMES FINLAYSON DAWSON history. We would apprecite any information that you may wish to share.
    Initilly may I ask for the service details or number for James so that we confirm he is our man.
    It was suggested (by the family) that he and Janet may have emigrated shortly after their marriage.

Looking forward to exchanging details and staying in touch.

joette

Alloa & Falkirk although in different counties are geographically very close.

nannyval

Default hello

thank you for your contact. We are still trying to find details for James. Are you able to give me his service details and number to confirm that he is our man?

It would be good to be able to share information, which line are you following, as I have details of both male and female relatives...but not Nellie it does get confusing when there has been remarriage.
    Look forward to having contact again soon.

Leigh

slippery

Default James Finlayson Lando Dawson

Nannyval

I have sent you a private pm and James army records are on the way. My wife was told that Alexander was bought up by his grandparents Alexander and Janet Dawson at Booth Place, Falkirk. We did not know that she was called Nellie.
    Janet Dawson nee Janet Finlayson Lando (Kerr on her birth cert) was my wifes mother to her illigitamate grandfather John Kerr Lando.
    I will contact another family member to see if they know what happened to James.

Peter

nannyval

Hello I believe that Nellie maybe the afore mentioned Mrs Pattison?
    Have wedding photo Walter and Nellie.
    Do you have an indication as to when JFD came to England. Was this from Scotland?
    Did he die in England and area he was living?

Sorry to ask for so much but I am so close to ending the mystery

Many thanks for your help

slippery

Default Alexander Thomas Dawson

nannyval

I have not been able to contact my family member but I remember them saying that he died in the 2000's and lived on the south coast.

I have found his death on the net.

Name: Alexander Thomas Dawson
    Birth Date: 24 Jul 1917
    Death Registration Month/Year: Feb 2002
    Age at death (estimated): 84
    Registration district: South East Hampshire
    Inferred County: Hampshire
    Register number: H53
    District and Subdistrict: 5013
    Entry number: 284

In his early years he lived with his grandparents in Falkirk.
    Janet Dawson died Dec 1928 at Falkirk, Alexander moved to England and died there in 1930 but was buried in Scotland. What happened to young Alexander I do not know at present but will try to find out.

Did you receive the Army Records?

Peter

nannyval

Pete
    Thank you,
    I have all the details for A T Dawson.

Thank you for the additionl info for JFD.
    Last evening I went into FMP and noted migration details for a J Dawson born 1889... leaving from Glasgow to Canada are you aware of JFD migrating? This
    certainly links with the story of him possibly emigrating.

I will now start a search for this and hopefully can confirm a link to this migration (1923)

With what you have given me, Janet H L Dawson had died by this date so do not expect him to be travelling with anyone.....unless they had a child!

Will keep at it and if along the way you think I may be ble to add anything to your, search please let me know.

val

nannyval

Sorry,

misread your info about Janet. she died 1928 so I will search migration for both of them. Do you know if there were any children

val

slippery

Val

The Janet who died was James's mother Alexanders grandmother. So the emigration record for James you have may be the correct one. I did look myy self on Ancestry but there were many J Dawson's.

Did his passage details say if he was with his wife?

Val where do you live?

Peter

nannyval

Default hi

Yes, I know the 3 oclock blues grabbed me !!!!

Sorry to be such a clutts.

Shall send pm if thats ok.

Val

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast