Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have not done any real family history of my own (yet!), indeed I only registered to this website after being informed of this message so that I may reply, but I understand I am connected to this branch of the Isaacson family tree. I am David Isaacson, son of Stephen John Isaacson (known as John) who was born in Stratford-Upon-Avon in 1948 to Cyril Frederick Isaacson and Georgina May Isaacson (born Stairs). I believe William Frederick Chambers Isaacson was Cyril's father.

My brother, Christopher, and I and our children are the only descendants of Cyril remaining. My father was an only child and died in 1993.

My mum says she remembers both my dad and his mum saying that my dad's grandfather (William Frederick Chambers Isaacson) was a gardener. Apparently my dad said he worked at Hidcote Manor's gardens while my grandma said it wasKiftsgate Court gardens. They are both close to Startford-Upon-Avon and each other. I suppose it is possible he could have been employed at both. Hopefully they have some records that can be checked. I just glanced at their websites and Kiftsgate is now owned and gardened by someone called Anne Chambers ...

If you look at the Stratford-Upon-Avon Town Council cemetary records online it lists four Isaacsons: my father who shares a grave with his parents Cyril and Georgina, as well as Sarah Lily Isaacson who I believe was Cyril's mother. This URL is long so may not transfer well, but my search results were here: https://www.stratforduponavontowncoun...&Submit=Search

I hope this is of interest and use to you. One of my daughters is very excited about finding out about this family history and we have resolved to do some more research of our own. I'm happy to answer any further questions (if I can) and update you with anything I discover.

All the best,
    David.

Loves to help with queries

Hi David,
    How lovely to hear from you! Today is a bit difficult for me but I will reply in full soon. Thanks for getting in contact.

Loves to help with queries

Hi again David,
    I am so pleased to be able to connect with a descendent of Chambers. I don't know how much you already know but I'll tell you what I have found out.
    As I mentioned in my original post WFC was born in 1877 in Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire. I have visited the village and it is very picturesque. His mother was Julia or Juliana who is my great grandmother and your great great grandmother. Juliana married William Crockett (my maiden name) in 1881 having left WFC with his grandmother in Cambs. It appears that he never lived with his mother again and its possible she didn't tell her husband she had a child. However, she must have kept tabs on him as I have a group photo taken at the 1924 wedding of Juliana's nephew in which Juliana, her 2 Crockett daughters and WFC all appear. This was after William Crockett had died.
    By 1901 WFC had travelled to Birmingham where he was lodging and working as a baker. Maybe he didn't like the early mornings and therefore changed his occupation to gardener, or maybe he changed occupation when he moved to Stratford. How interesting that Anne Chambers is now the owner of one of his previous places of employment - probably just a coincidence but you never know.
    By 1911 he was married and living in Stratford upon Avon with his wife and baby Cyril. Did your grandfather have any brothers or sisters?
    I don't know a lot more about WFC so would be interested to hear any other info you have. Do you have any photos of him? If you would like to send me a Private Message with your email address I can send you the 1924 wedding photo.
    You and your daughter will soon find that researching your family tree can be very addictive! I will be happy to give you more information about Juliana and her parents, grandparents and great grandparents if you are interested and when you are ready. Briefly Juliana was the 5th of 8 children with some amazing names including Obadiah and Chedorlaomer! The next generation back had some even more unusual names including Benahad (male), Hezekiah (male), Orbed (male), Mahaler (female), Zebinah (male), Azubah (not sure) and Thirsah (female).
    Hope some of this is useful for you.
    Best wishes, Candy.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Candy, sorry to take so long to reply. I will send you a private message.

All the best,
    David.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123