dcmbarton

Default Teacher's Record of Service - Form 2 C.R.

I have the Record of Service for a relation who taught all over the UK between 1926 and 1962; however, I don't really understand the abbreviations used in the log book - it says that these are listed on Form 2 C.R. which I don't have - I wonder whether this document may have explained how to fill in the booklet? Does anyone have a copy or know where one might obtain one?

David

Knowledgeable and helpful

I think it might be a form related to the "Code of Regulations for Public Elementary Schools made under Education Code, 1926". If so, I am 99.9% sure that it would be an HMSO (Her Majesty’s Stationery Office) publication. The HMSO now comes under The Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) so maybe (just maybe) it might be worthwhile contacting them in the first instant to see if they could tell you where you might find it. Alternatively perhaps the National Archives, British Library or the Department for Children, Schools and Families might be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry I can't be of more help - good luck!
    Browneyes

Knowledgeable and helpful

Just had another thought...if you can't get hold of it perhaps you could list some of the abbreviations on this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will willingly 'have a go' at guessing or try to find out what they are.
    Browneyes

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes
    I think it might be a form related to the "Code of Regulations for Public Elementary Schools made under Education Code, 1926".......Alternatively perhaps the National Archives
    TNA in document class ED11
    (Note these are just catalogue references to locate the documents at TNA)