Hi I'm hoping some-one can help me solve this mystery- After years of searching I finally tracked down my Grandfather Henry james Beech b.1892 through his mother Elizabeth who was widowed by my G. Grandfather Robert William Coward he died in 1907 and Elizabeth went on to marry William Kneale in 1911.I have found them on the 1901 census where henry is 9 living at 31 page St Liverpool with his natural parents. I then found them at the same address where the spelling is off under Knowle as follows- Elizabeth 40 bookbinder and sewer.William 43 dock labourer and Henry james 19 dock labourer. Although I am absolutely delighted to have 'nailed him' I am really curious to know why he changed his name to Beech and if William Kneale adopted him I also have my Grandfathers army records from1914-18 where he enlisted under Beech. How doI find out if he was offficialy adopted?By the way I have exhausted my research of relevent family names to find a Beech connection with no luck. Does any-one have any ideas where to go next? Many thanks Jan