tjyuk

Default Looking for Thomas Jeffery of Penryn Cornwall

I am looking for any information on Thomas Jeffery c1760 Penryn Cornwall & his wife Julian Dav(e)y c1758

They married on 27/06/1784 St Gluvias, Penryn Cornwall England (have not located either of their baptisims. However, I have located a copy of a settlement document for when the family settles in Lostwithiel in 1811 (just waiting for it to arrive in the post), all his children were born in Lostwithiel from 1788-1804.

His occuption was a wheelwright & was also wondering if I would be able to locate any documentation into an apprentiship & most of his children followed in his footsteps, but I am unsure where to start.

As you can tell this is one of my main brick walls so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Knowledgeable and helpful

IGI has Thomas Jeffrey son of Thomas & Mary christened 22 Jun 1760 at St Gluvias - is this your man?

if so: Thomas Jeffrey m Mary Harris 2 Jun 1759

sueannbowen

Hi there - this looks very likely on IGI

Baptisms in St Gluvias parents Thomas Jeffery and Mary as follows:

Thomas Bap 22 June 1760
    Walter Bap 30 Aug 1761
    William Bap 19 Sep 1762
    William Bap 10 June 1764
    Susannah Bap 27 July 1766
    Mary Bap 4 March 1770
    Batch C022371

The first one looks like your Thomas. Then there is a marriage between Thomas Jeffery and Mary Harris also at St Gluvias on 02 June 1759 nicely in time for baby Thomas to arrive! IGI again Batch number 7607626 that is information submitted by an LDS member so needs thoroughly checking out.
    The baptisms are safer being extracted records.

Sue

sueannbowen

TYhere are loads of Thomas Jefferys and Mary Harris baptisms but none about 1740 + or - 5 years for St Gluvian and since my knowledge of Cornwall geog is limited I wouldn't know where might be near to that for you to start looking. I guess the copy of their marriage if you can confirm might tell you whether they were of that parish or not.

Sue

The PR transcript on UK genealogy Archives site says Thomas Jeffery of Wendron, tinner m. Mary Harris of Penryn 2 Jun 1759. confirming the IGI.

Which would make him the son of Walter & Thomasin bp 4 Aug 1733.

tjyuk

Default Thomas Jeffery

Thank you all some of these look very promising. I am awaiting a copy of the marriage entry from the parish records so should be able to match these up.

I just ended up going round in circles so it is great to get several sets of eyes looking out for me.

Once again many thanks for all your replies.
    Tracey

tjyuk

Default Thomas Jeffery

I am writing with regards and update on the above. I can confirm that I now have a copy of the parish record for Thomas Jeffery & Julian Davy. I was also lucky to be able to obtain a copy of his settlement document for Lostwithiel. This gives me a wealth of information about his 7 year apprenticeship to a John Bolitho of Budock.

I am just hoping I can now obtain a copy of his aprenticeship indenture, but feel that this may be extremley rare.

So once again many thanks for all tour help.

Regards
    Tracey