Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default HENRY AARON HART 1847-1914

I am looking for any Australian information on Henry Aaron Hart b 1847 Mile End Middx and died 1914 Burwood Sydney. He is buried in Rookwood Jewish Cemetery as are some of his siblings.
    Henry was the son of Aaron Henry Hart and Ann Rebecca Crawcour.
    Henry was living at Rose Lawn Cottage Oval Kennington in the 1861 British Census but appears to have left for Australia by 1871 Census.
    His siblings Phoebe m Albert Aaron Goldsmid and they settled in Austrlia as did his brother Bernard m Rachel Pyke; his sister Grace m William Hanson; his sister Rosina and possibly his other sisters Flora and Eve.

Any information appreciated.
    Phillip

birdlip

Hi Phillip,

is your Henry the same Henry Aaron HART who was divorced in 1903? [NSW Divorce Index No 4690, respondents name May Gertrude HART]

and/or is he the same Henry who married in the Kennington area in March quarter 1871?

HART Henry Aaron Lambeth 1d 310
    (Hannah BROOKE or Eliza KING)

Default HENRY AARON HART

I can't answer these key questions because I have no other data on Henry other than I suspect he was married. What I need to do is buy his Australian death certificate which will show such details. I have no idea of what business he was in although his father Aaron was a boot and shoe manufacturer in partnership with his brother John.
    I appreciate your looking.
    Phillip

Procat

Hi Phillip.

You may already have this but if not the Rookwood Cemetery Transcriptions CD has this:

Hart, Henry Aaron, Died 4 Oct 1914, Age 69

Denomination Jewish, Section 2, Row 8, Grave 87

Default HENRY AARON HART

Very many thanks for this piece of data- it confirms that he was married and had at least one child. Henry's sister Phoebe who married Albert Goldsmid died in 1909 Burwood and it looks as if the siblings barring Grace who was in Victoria lived in the same area of NSW.
    Phillip

Procat

Hi Phillip,

From the same source:

Goldsmid Phoebe, Died 23 June 1909, Age 65
    Wife of Albert Aaron Goldsmin

Denomination Jewish, Section 1, Row 9, Grave 156,157

Goldsmid Albert Aaron, Died 21 June 1933, Age 87

Denomination Jewish, Section 1, Row 9, Grave 156,157
    (No inscription recorded)

Procat

This may be Bernard and Rachel

Hart Bernard, Died 12 Oct 1929, Age 70

My husb & our father

Denomination Jewish, Section 7, Row 3, Grave 72,73

Hart Rachel, Died 6 May 1944, Age not recorded

A mother

Denomination Jewish, Section 7, Row 3, Grave 72,73

(Note the inscriptions are abbreviated on all the infomration I have given you. This was probably the transcribers doing rather than the stone mason)

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    What I need to do is buy his Australian death certificate which will show such details.
    Phillip
    You definitely need this certificate Philip. The NSW certs are a mine of information - depending on the informant's own knowledge of course.
    But you should get how many years the deceased lived in colony, names of wife(s), children (living and dead) as well as parents etc. Go for it.
    Christina

Spangle

Jane on here very kindly helped me by directing me to this newspaper resource so I hope I can do some good by return in suggesting it to you. Plenty of Henry Harts to browse through here:

https://ndpbeta.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/se...l&startFrom=20

Spangle

Default HENRY AARON HART

Many thanks for the sources several of you have have posted- all very useful.
    Phillip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast