alfred girling

Default alvira antivirus vs avg

I have been told it's better i don't have any trouble with avg but they say it slow's the computer and has some faults with virus. faster is better for me on dial up.

Carmy

There are warnings around on a lot of techie sites about the newest AVG. I deleted it and now I'm using Avast. I'm on dial up, too, and I find Avast very fast. The daily updates are done in a flash.

alfred girling

Thank's Carmy i will give avira a go for now but will keep avast in mind. It took 3 hours to download avira and then 64 min to update. I get 4 hours per dial up. How long did avast take could i download it ok. I couldn't download avg 8 in 4 hours so had to get it on a memory stick via broadband.

all the best
    alf

Carmy

Hi Alf,

Wow! That's a long time. I had Avira at one time but several people were complaining about different problems with the program so I switched to Avast. I don't remember that it took 3 hours to download, but I've had it a while.

I do daily updates and even the biggest update took just over a minute.

I don't think I can post the link here (not allowed) but a good site to join is Community Feedback. It used to be on MSN before the groups closed. I check it daily because they know about problems as soon as they happen. They used to recommend AVG but they don't any more. Maybe take a look because they're also very good at helping with any computer problems you may have. The people there are very friendly.

Good luck!

Carmy

alfred girling

carmy,

I am going to see if i can download tomorrow, have found site ok thank's

Alf

alfred girling

Carmy,

I found the community feedback site and looks a handy one. Also i have decided to go with your avast, like you anything quicker is better. thank's again.

Alf

Carmy

You're welcome, Alf.

Community feedback is great. I'd hate to be without them, because they've solved many problems and mysteries for me.