Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    leonardpiggin

Default st dunstans

Try Tower Hamlets.I,m sure they have all the records for St Dunstans.
    Len Piggin

M Hastings

Hi Debbie, Have you thought of Googling St.Dunstan's Stepney? as they do have a site.
    When I had a brickwall in Lutterworth,Leicester back in the 60's I wrote directly to the incumbent and he very kindly photostated the parish records which were way back in the 1700's.Admittedly genealogy was not as popular then and not so many people were interested in parish records but as you are in the Outer Hebrides, they may respond to an email. Incidentally thanks to Kerridge and others correcting me over St.Dunstans. Stepney. My maternal grandparent lived and died in Stepney but was baptised in St.Dunstan's in the East, which I thought was referring to the East End. Hadn't realised it was the City and is now just ruins.

Reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid the incumbent won't be able to help because he doesn't have the registers. They are at the London Metropolitan Archives.

In any case the parochial fees payable are not particularly low.

Debbie Bozkurt

Thank you all for your help.

I downloaded a form from the Metropolitan Archives which the link was kindly given me on this thread and I sent off a cheque for £8 ish and got 2 copies of the Marriage record and 2 copies of William Buckridge birth. It took less than a week and the birth/christening had the father and the address which was missing off the IGI record, it pays to look at the original, very pleased with the service received.

The marriage had 2 witnesses that were Gobby, William and Jane - think they may have been brother and sister in law but have yet to do more research, wandered off on to the Buckridge's.

I had hoped that William's father would be a witness but once I had his father name of the christening record, which was Major Buckridge I found out that Major Buckridge died in 1821 before the wedding.

And yes to confirm William did have a Sister called Elizabeth who married William Want - one of their children also had the unusual middle name of Major too.

Thanks again and off to the next mystery.

Regards

Deb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12